Triangle installation with crown molding

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Triangle installation with crown molding
« on: 23 Mar 2007, 10:15 pm »
Nathan,

Any tips or words of advice on how to mount the Triangles with crown molding in place?

George

8thnerve

Re: Triangle installation with crown molding
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2007, 05:09 pm »
Nathan,

Any tips or words of advice on how to mount the Triangles with crown molding in place?

George

Do the best you can. :-)  The Triangle works best with equal distance from the sides of the product to the wall surfaces.  Ideally, cut out the corner of the crown molding so that the Triangle fits neatly inside the corner.  I wouldn't think that would look too bad...

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2007, 07:09 pm »
Nathan,

George

Do the best you can. :-)  The Triangle works best with equal distance from the sides of the product to the wall surfaces.  Ideally, cut out the corner of the crown molding so that the Triangle fits neatly inside the corner.  I wouldn't think that would look too bad...

Cutting my crown molding isn't exactly the advice I was hoping for... :nono:

I think I did as good a job as I can in terms of keeping equal distances from the wall surfaces.

George

8thnerve

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2007, 08:24 pm »
Then that's about the best you can do.  While it may not be as effective, it should still be an improvement.  We make sacrifices all the time.  Sometimes with speaker placement, sometimes by just not having an ideal room.  We can bend the laws of physics, but we can't break them.  The last room I had was filled with crown molding too.  While the Triangles weren't as effective, there were still a major improvement.  Do what you can and be happy with the compromises you have to make.  It's about the music after all.

PhishPhan

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2007, 07:40 pm »
Would you still drill the screw for the bracket into the ceiling (as I've done in my old room without molding), or is it best to drill right into the molding as if you are heading straight to the corner behind the molding?  :scratch:

I'm moving my setup from a room without the molding into one with molding and I wasn't sure which way would be best. Thanks :thumb:

PhishPhan

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2007, 01:53 pm »
Would you still drill the screw for the bracket into the ceiling (as I've done in my old room without molding), or is it best to drill right into the molding as if you are heading straight to the corner behind the molding?  :scratch:

I'm moving my setup from a room without the molding into one with molding and I wasn't sure which way would be best. Thanks :thumb:

Anyone? :D

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2007, 02:00 pm »

Anyone? :D

Can't say as I uninstalled mine and returned them.

George

8thnerve

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2007, 01:24 pm »

Install the screw as far back as you can.  Without being there, I couldn't tell you if that's on the wall or on the molding.  If there is not enough tension, stop by a hardware store and pick up tighter springs or another hook and attach two of the springs (from the lower diagonal sides) to the top area above the crown molding and attach the spring from the top edge to another hook below the crown molding so the springs criss-cross.  That should hold it in place.  If you need me to send you extra parts, just let me know.