EFE T-22CF speaker review

dlowman

EFE T-22CF speaker review
« on: 6 Nov 2005, 11:00 pm »
Ok, first let me admit I am a huge fan of EFE (Ed Frias Enterprises) and have been since I first heard his speaker designs.  Ed is a small time speaker builder and is one of the best kept secrets in audio.  He doesnt have a webpage, he doesn't advertiase.  It's all word of mouth.  Go to www.audioreview.com and look up EFE speakers.  You will see RAVE reviews of him and his speakers.  
I recently traded up from the T-20 speaker.  It is an imported MTM design.  Basically he outsources a  company to build them for him based on his designs.  However, he does still build some designs by hand.  I wanted to upgrade to his T-22CF speakers.  They are an MTM deisgn with carbon fiber dirvers.  The T-22cf's are a step up from the normal T-22's.  I honestly thought the T-20's were incredible.  I wasn't prepared for the huge step up the T-22cf's are.  The bass is fast when I say fast i mean fast and furious fast lol.  The bass is tight and goes all the way down to a solid 40hz or lower.  Good strong solid impact to.  The soundstage is super wide.  When I first heard them I had to double check that i didn't have surrounds :)  The treble is crisp with out being harsh.  Imaging is precisely where it should be.  
You cannot ask a speaker to do more for you.  Especially at just $1190 a pair.  I have heard the focal utopias and let me tell you these things could rival them.  You will not find anything close to this price that will rival these.  I could easily compare these to the JMlabs utopia's.  Very similiar.  This could easily be the last speaker pair you will own :)  

Ed's contact info is efespeakers@commspeed.net you can email him and ask for an online brochure and info.  I am not kidding you guys.. These things are incredible.

Equipment used:
Anticables
DIY gainclone amp
ARt Mensa DAC
oppo digital cd player.

Music:
Ed includes a demo cd with each speaker pruchase.