Hello, Can we turn back time to the 50s ?

timbo

Hello, Can we turn back time to the 50s ?
« on: 17 Apr 2018, 12:34 am »
  A better time for many the 50s. Audio gear was all the rage in the 50s  and 60s. I guess I just like old stuff altogether. What they call it. ?? Vintage.. I'm pretty vintage too.  What do you want to hear here? I have some Dynaco stuff and a Fisher 500C.  No really good speakers yet. I have RtR series III and some BOSE 601 series IIs    I heard there is some info here on the Dynaco FM3.  I like tubes,  My wife is dying with cancer . I'm very tired and rambling..

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello, Can we turn back time to the 50s ?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2018, 12:48 am »
Iam sorry to know about your spouse, hope she get better.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2018, 01:26 am »
Hi Timbo, sorry to hear about your wife.  I have dealt with quite a bit of close family tragedy lately as well.
Hang in there.

I also like vintage.  I would love to have a complete vintage system.  However, audio today has never been better.  It has seen a renaissance the last few years.  There is great sounding gear at all price levels.  Tube gear has become popular again as has turntables.  I own a tube preamp, tube DAC and tube phono preamp along with a vintage  1970's Thoren's TD-145 TT. 

Welcome to the Audio Circle.

Best Regards,

Larry

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2018, 02:49 am »
Timbo: I dont take white/brown sugar and sodas since 1980s, currently I do Alkaline diet, a few years ago a '' friend'' introduced me to the vitamin Sunvite-Rexall which contains the metal carcinogen Titanium Dioxide (Ti²) so I took 3 years this crap.

I would like to do blood cleaning with Ozone gas generator (O3) some famous Rock musicians do this annually and the Argentine soccer player Maradona went in Cuba to cleanse his blood to get rid of cocaine addiction.

In addition to normal foods, my Alkaline diet is:
- Natural oat in grain with milk
- 10 balls of black pepper per day (not ground)
- 5 tablets of brewer's yeast per day
- Vitamin C 1g per day
- Sometimes pear, apple, watermelon and strawberry seeds
- 2 cups of coffee with milk without sugar per day
- 1 serving of goji berry rehydrated with water
- 1 serving of raw quinoa with bread.
Hope this help.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2018, 03:20 am »
Welcome - sorry about your wife