Challenge - Warning - Very Difficult to Do

Mr.Retro

Re: Challenge - Warning - Very Difficult to Do
« Reply #40 on: 17 Apr 2018, 05:22 pm »
gonefishin, its a long,long story, sub is folded in 1/2, stands 5'6",weighs about 200,  down fires and is 7' Across at the mouth. 10sq. ft. of surface couple to the room air.  I apologize for not yet learning how to pm. Be happy to have you over for a listen. 
JLM raises an interesting point.  If you graph the years we have been in the hobby with changes in the system would you see a "settling" of activity over time.  A different way to look at it would be more subjective but might have time vs contentment.  Do audiophiles become more "satisfied" with time?  Dang, what if its just a factor of becoming a geezer? My personal experience reflects what I perceive to be JLM's point.  Over time I have learned about and responded to numerous factors effecting my listening experience and as an older individual have reached a certain level of contentment. So ( here's a stretch )  it could be that older, or perhaps I should say vintage audiophiles will have an easier time with the "challenge" than newer audiophiles embroiled in the heat of the chase.