AVA will be showing a brand new solid state power amp at Axpona

avahifi

At Expona, showing with Alta loudspeakers in room 622, we will have the world premiere of our newest and best ever solid state power amplifier design, our SET 400.

Its a single ended discrete transistor design with separate regulated power supplies for each separate transistor.

It removes the haze from the music like nothing else I have heard before.

Come and listen, you are going to love it.

Still with a very rational price, $1999.  225W/Ch, dead quiet, cool running, and built to last.

Frank

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Sweet.  :thumb:

Blackmore

I'll be sure and stop by for a listen.  Thanks for the update.

dB Cooper

Not P-P? This is interesting....

mav52

SET 400, how about a little teaser for those not going to the show.   Like specs, inputs what kind, how many type tubes you know the good stuff

avahifi

No tubes at all.  It is a very unique discrete solid state design.

Standard RCA inputs and 5-way binding post outputs.  XLR/RCA inputs with back panel switch available as a $200 option.

Power 225W/Ch into 8 ohms, more into 4 ohms.  3dB down at 70KHz and 3Hz. Price of the SET 400.  $1999

75W/Ch into 8 ohms, more into 4 ohms and same bandwidth for the SET 150.  Price $899.  XLR inputs not available for SET 150.

We will be showing it at Axpona next weekend.

Frank

maty

Its a single ended discrete transistor design with separate regulated power supplies for each separate transistor...

class AB H2 predominant?  :D

[IMG] http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hum/xrk971-Alpha-20-2.87vrms-8ohms-FFT.png

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
SET 150 sounds like a great value for decent volumes and efficient speakers. Any differences between the 2 models other than the wattage? Can the SET 150 be bridged? $1800 for monoblocks?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
SET 150 sounds like a great value for decent volumes and efficient speakers. Any differences between the 2 models other than the wattage? Can the SET 150 be bridged? $1800 for monoblocks?

That'd be a sweet set up.  :thumb:

rlee8394

When will they be available? When will they show up on your website?

-Ron

mav52

No tubes at all.  It is a very unique discrete solid state design.

Standard RCA inputs and 5-way binding post outputs.  XLR/RCA inputs with back panel switch available as a $200 option.

Power 225W/Ch into 8 ohms, more into 4 ohms.  3dB down at 70KHz and 3Hz. Price of the SET 400.  $1999

75W/Ch into 8 ohms, more into 4 ohms and same bandwidth for the SET 150.  Price $899.  XLR inputs not available for SET 150.

We will be showing it at Axpona next weekend.

Frank

Thank you Frank for the info

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
Will the SET replace the Synergy amplifier line?

avahifi

Actually we will have two versions of our new SET amplifier design at Axpona, room 622.

The SET 400 will be the main amp used.  $1999  225W/Ch

Also the SET 150 will be available to hear too.  $899  75W/Ch

We think you will be pleased with what you hear.

Frank

mag308

Thanks for the update, I'll be at Axpona this weekend and will stop by for a listen.

Art_Chicago

so-- any comments on the SET-400/150 sound from Axpona? I could not make this time  :(

Hydro

I know Frank insists on saying his equipment doesn't have a sound. However, after owning a lot of Franks fet valve amps and hearing his solid state amp at RMAF. I have noticed a common thread running between them. Very open highs, uncolored mids, controlled bass that goes as low as the music does and great soundstage. All the qualities of a good amp. The SET amp doesn't really sound like the others, yes it does all these things but with more clarity and immediacy that really sets it apart from the others. The closest sound to a wire with gain I have heard. If you aren't ready to buy a new amp I don't suggest you listen to the SET. The Alta Audio speakers sounded great, especially for their size. I prefer the larger bi-amped speakers they showed at RMAF but these were a fraction of the price and still allowed the emotion of the music to be felt. A great room all in all.   

Paret

• Keller, TX
so-- any comments on the SET-400/150 sound from Axpona? I could not make this time  :(

Frank had a beautiful looking and excellent sounding room.

I sat through a demo running strings, percussion, female voice, male voice, etc. and all was presented tonally
accurate and true to the source with great detail and excellent soundstage.

As always the value is there due to the reasonably priced pieces.

Another winner in the AVA  lineup.   :thumb:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

I.Greyhound Fan

Hopefully when Frank gets back from Axpona, I will get a chance to review one and post it here. I got to hear the prototype  a few weeks ago.  Awesome sounding amp.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Hopefully when Frank gets back from Axpona, I will get a chance to review one and post it here. I got to hear the prototype  a few weeks ago.  Awesome sounding amp.

Sweet. I look forward to reading your review, Larry.  :thumb:

ngamountains

This room did sound excellent. The new amp seemed like a clear winner and a huge value. If I’d not just bought Bryston amps I might have been writing a check. Well done, AVA.