Subwoofer fun

jsalk

Subwoofer fun
« on: 23 Mar 2018, 08:28 pm »
Here are a couple of recent subwoofer projects we had a bit of fun with.

The first is a pair of Rythmik F25's in "distressed" maple. It features twin pairs of 15" subwoofer drivers.  Here's a pic...

And a pair of massively custom Rythmik 12's designed by a customer to match his speakers...

Happy subterranean listening!

- Jim

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Subwoofer fun
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2018, 08:49 pm »
Very, very, very nice Jim!

Best,
Anand.

benguin

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2018, 09:44 pm »
Jim- dare I ask how much those F25's weigh apiece?   Adding a couple of those to the 2 15s for a swarm might get rid of some of my base nodes (just trying to find a way to justify them- not counting the cost of either hernia or back damage  :lol:  )
  - Ben

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2018, 12:57 am »
Jim- dare I ask how much those F25's weigh apiece?   Adding a couple of those to the 2 15s for a swarm might get rid of some of my base nodes (just trying to find a way to justify them- not counting the cost of either hernia or back damage  :lol:  )
  - Ben

Your thoughts to address room modal issues is spot on so go ahead and get Jim’s newest Rythmik builds. Swarm yourself, there is no other way!  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2018, 11:25 am »
  - Ben

190 pounds.

- Jim

Hydro

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2018, 03:14 pm »
Jim, why didn't you put the two 15's on opposite sides of the enclosure to cancel the vibrations and put the speakers closer to the floor for coupling? That said, those are some great looking subs.

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2018, 05:33 pm »
Jim, why didn't you put the two 15's on opposite sides of the enclosure to cancel the vibrations and put the speakers closer to the floor for coupling? That said, those are some great looking subs.

Dual opposed sealed.

Yup, there are several ways to slice the pie. I’m sure preference and looks play a part here.

Best,
Anand.

DEP14

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2018, 09:29 pm »
Damn fine work as always. 

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2018, 12:31 pm »

Hydro -

These were built in the same format as the F25 design.  But the format you suggest would work very well.  It would require a new cabinet design for certain, but if that is what a customer wanted, we'd be happy to build it.

- Jim