FS: Dali Helicon 400 San Jose, CA Price Drop

who?me?

FS: Dali Helicon 400 San Jose, CA Price Drop
« on: 10 Dec 2017, 10:58 pm »
I have a great pair of speakers for SALE (no trades, sorry)

I'm located near San Jose, CA, would prefer a local sale due to size of the speakers.
I do have the original DALI boxes, so they could be shipped.

I bought these 8 years ago from an AV dealer in the San Francisco East Bay as a Demo pair. I have used them as my Reference speakers ever since, but now Im upgrading my speakers. The Dali's have a beautiful Rosewood veneer.

These are 70 pounds each, very well built, solid, and damped. Made in Denmark. DALI stands for “Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries”. They have been in business since the 1980s, but didn’t start selling in the US until the later 2000s. Hence, I bought these from an East Bay dealer in 2009 as a Demo pair. I have had them for 8 years, and taken very good care of them, save for an accident with the vacuum. I accidentally knocked the speaker while vacuum cleaning, so there are a couple nicks on the side of the right speaker. I have shown them in the pictures.

Otherwise, excellent condition and speakers sound perfect. These speakers are dedicated R and L to allow for a larger soundstage with the music being played. The Dali's share the same serial number since they are a R/L pair.

Pics: Note that the first picture looks like a white substance is dripping from the top down on the side. That is just the lighting, not a blemish.

Each speaker has two 6.5″ mids/woofers that go down to 30 hz or lower. I’m pretty sure I hit 30hz if not lower with a Pass Labs X150 that dug deep into the lower registers.

The mid frequency -e.g. vocals are fleshed out, gorgeous, real. The whole soundstage is more 3D than most speakers I've heard the last 8 years. These speakers really are best paired with some kind of tube in the lineup, and really brings out the holographic image of what these speakers can do.

The high frequencies also shine, it has both a tweeter and a ribbon tweeter to get those ethereal sparkly highs with “air”. I’ve run these with both a hybrid amp system( tube Pre and SS Amp) and all tubes. e.g. currently running her on a PrimaLuna HP Intergrated amp with KT88s- excellent.

Comes with all of its original gear: DALI manual, DALI boxes, DALI blackened stainless steel spikes with floor protectors, and the DALI binding post connectors for the rear if you dont have bi-wired speaker cables.

Contact me with any questions- I would like to sell very soon before Xmas.
These speakers were priced at about $5000 8 years ago, so these are solid speakers and meant to last a lifetime. Just FYI: I have 100% Positive feedback on Audiogon, USAudioMart, eBay, AudioCircle, Rangefinderforum.

Price = $1800

Thanks, Gary

I live in the greater San Jose, CA area

« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2018, 10:34 pm by who?me? »

who?me?

Re: FS: Dali Helicon 400 San Jose, CA
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2018, 06:21 am »
New Years bump!

who?me?

Re: FS: Dali Helicon 400 San Jose, CA Price Drop
« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2018, 01:54 am »
Feb bump, price drop

who?me?

Re: FS: Dali Helicon 400 San Jose, CA Price Drop
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2018, 11:25 pm »
Bump:).
These Dali's sound great with Class D amps too.
E.,g My Bel Canto REF 500S stereo amp, which I might sell with the Dali speakers.