Tube Testers in NorCal?

morganc

Tube Testers in NorCal?
« on: 8 Oct 2017, 11:21 pm »
Dear Friends.....I am moving again, and this time cleaning out all my gear and I have several old tubes of unknown quality that I would love to sell or give away, but first need to know the condition that they are in.  I do have a few high quality ones that I would like to sell, but after recently selling one that turned out to be bad, I would like to check them out first.....

I am in Sonoma now, but mobile if anyone has a tube tester let me know.

Cheers,
Morgan

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Tube Testers in NorCal?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2017, 11:25 pm »
If I can ask you, what tubes you have?
Or PM me.

Meicheng

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2017, 04:27 am »
Al Lashers electronics in Berkeley.  Call first to make sure they still have their tube testing machines. 

morganc

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2017, 04:48 am »
If I can ask you, what tubes you have?
Or PM me.

I honestly don't have a complete list.....need to sort through them as I'm cleaning out all my gear and the garage!   Are you nearby?

morganc

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2017, 04:48 am »
Al Lashers electronics in Berkeley.  Call first to make sure they still have their tube testing machines.

Thanks.  I'll give them a call. 

oldnuke

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2017, 05:16 am »
Halsted Electronics (HSC) in Santa Clara, same caveat, call ahead.  Bet you can't leave there without buying something...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2017, 03:24 pm »
I honestly don't have a complete list.....need to sort through them as I'm cleaning out all my gear and the garage!   Are you nearby?
No near though.

Whitestix

« Reply #7 on: 4 Nov 2017, 08:49 pm »
My long-time tube tech is Shane at Tube Sonic in Sacramento.  He has one of the most comprehensive tube testers available, testing parameters that few others do.   You can hook up with him at Tube Sonic on the web.   Top-notch guy who lives and breathes tubes. 

RPM123

« Reply #8 on: 4 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm »
Try this store in San Rafael. Been there myself recently and it was like going back in time. "They don't make'em like that any more".

Electronics Plus, Inc.

Electronics store in San Rafael, California
This unfussy family-run store sells a large selection of electronic parts, wires & other supplies.
Address: 823 4th St, San Rafael, CA 94901
Hours: Open today · 9AM–6PM
Phone: (415) 457-0466