FS: Gershman Acoustics X-2

Tomy2Tone

FS: Gershman Acoustics X-2
« on: 4 Sep 2017, 07:36 pm »
These were bought from a dealer that were demo speakers and I had aspirations to hold on to them for a second setup but I'm moving and would rather just pass these on to someone who could get more use out of them. They are fantastic speakers that are just a tad on the warm side of neutral with a beautiful soundstage. The dealer said they're walnut but they look like oak veneer with red stain to me and are solid with the knuckle test. Comes with original shipping box and grills. Overall these are in great shape but do have a nick here and there. Binding posts are Cardas gold/rhodium. New these were priced at $3600 so these are a good bargain.

$600  I'll split the shipping cost from 85018 to conus. PayPal.

Here's the description from the dealer I bought them from.

The X-2 is Gershman Acoustics' most affordable loudspeaker but based on technology first developed for the state-of-the-art models AvantGarde and GAP-828. The X-2 uses a 1-inch dome tweeter and custom-made 6-inch woofer with a first order crossover. What makes the X-2 unique among mini monitors is the meticulous attention to cabinet design and construction. The side panels follow Gershman philosophy of avoiding parallel surfaces.

Furthermore, each wall consists of two ½" thick MDF panels that are bonded together using a unique middle layer to further increase cabinet rigidity. The sound of the X-2 is rich, three dimensional and offers excellent bass weight and definition.

· Frequency response: 40-20 kHz
· Sensitivity: 87 dB@ 1W/1m
· Nominal impedance: 8Ω
· Height: 38 cm
· Footprint: 28 x 35 cm
· Weight: 11.7 kg

« Last Edit: 5 Oct 2017, 12:44 am by Tomy2Tone »

Tomy2Tone

Re: FS: Gershman Acoustics X-2
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2017, 12:17 am »
Bump

Tomy2Tone