McCormack DNA .05 Deluxe amplifier -- a classic amp (off the market)

Whitestix

This amp is rated at 100 wpc, but bench tests showed it actually produces 140 wpc into 8 ohm loads. The amp was a stunning upgrade from my CJ MF-80 amp and drives any speakers I have splendidly.  It was re-biased by McCormack staff a couple of years ago so it is in tip-top shape. Some think this is the sweet spot in the McCormack DNA line of amplifiers. Lots of upgrades are available for it if you want to take it to the next level of performance, but it is quite fine as a stock unit. I am selling it because I upgraded to a Nelson Pass amp. Paypal is the preferred method of payment and shipping will be at the buyer's expensive by the carrier of your choice. To my knowledge, this is the only DNA .05 Deluxe available in the aftermarket so if you are inclined to have this legacy amp in your system, let me know. I might interested in a trade for tube amp.  I think the amp weighs about 30 lb. and ships from 95817.  It will be boxed the original packaging, but would recommend it be double-boxed.

Asking price is $850 and I grade it at 8/10 on the Audiogon scale.  It has some deterioration of the letters on the face plate that are evident from the photos. 

« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2017, 08:51 pm by Whitestix »

dburna

Re: McCormack DNA .05 Deluxe amplifier -- a classic amp
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2017, 11:06 pm »
Where is it located?  Is shipping included?  If not, what is the weight?  Do you have original box, etc?

-dB

Whitestix

Re: McCormack DNA .05 Deluxe amplifier -- a classic amp
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2017, 02:50 am »
I live in Sacramento.  I have the original box, but recommend it be double-boxed.  I will be on holiday for a week so I will follow up with you when I return if you are still interested.
Cheers, Mark