I.S.C.T. – ‘Break-Out” Fold Back units for musician ….

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
While waiting as so often for parts or any other materials like this time it is for large sheets of Felt which have not arrived as yet I did find time to approach the last out of my three projects for musician.

This time it is a set of Fold backs which after the main units (I.S.C.T – ‘Poetry Of Sounds’ Point Source w/ Dual Sized – Floating Face Plate(s)) http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150017.0 and the Bass unit (I.S.C.T. – ‘Primal Instinct’ Dual 8” Sub Enclosure in a (Sealed/Vented) configuration …) http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=151474.0 now complete the reproduction speaker enclosure projects as the rest will all be electronics not only within the units themselves (Plate Amps etc.) to be used in different set up configuration, but also on the outside running equipment like D/A Mixing Desk for the Instruments in use & Balanced/Un-Balanced converter, Nano-Technology Valve Amps for the Instruments feeding both the main speakers as well as connecting to the Crossover / Hi-Fi Valve Amps running the Fold Backs & the dual Bass unit etc.

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
In my projects I always like to have incorporated many different options because I like to test with one and the same unit a few different set us, but while the proportion of it & the calculations are correct I have found that I have a small problem with the deeps of the front component unit to be able to use all my options I wanted to build into!

I was truly trying to keep the weight down on this unit, but I’m simple short on 1” (25mm) deeps, and so I have to use another 18mm slice & a 12mm slice with another volume increase of about 4 liter in total to get that needed deeps measurement and to use not only low profile woofer speaker chassis but also other standard 6.5” & 8” chassis etc.

Anyway, I guess live, learn and adapt to suit the rest!

rgs UpperCut

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
Do you measure what you build?

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
Do you measure what you build?

It maybe came over wrong, but it was measured & calculated only for the 'Low Profile Chassis', and when trying a standard size chassis it was expected to be a little short. Something like that is no problem when you build with slices (with I.S.C.T) - add or removed a slice (different thicknesses) or two = volume, and even then there it is no problem as the compartment volume can be easily changed & fine tuned once you have completed the RAW stage.

This is also a TEST enclosure where many things could be changed while getting it right! In any case if I would not like the whole set up as I see it well scrape it & build a new one.

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
First main module: Chassis fitting after Felt covering!

rgs UpperCut

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
First test run on both Fold Back units with a 120W per channel Bluetooth Amp, and then with a small Amp as well as a Sub with an external Plate amp!
One cover over one of the 6.5” PR’s is still missing only arriving in three or so weeks, but no rush as I have still not completed the base units for these.

rgs UpperCut