Herbie Hancock Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:00 PM Kennedy Center

ricmon

Just checking to see if anybody else plans on gong to see Herbie Hancock Tuesday at the Kennedy Center?

Ric

dB Cooper

How was it?

ricmon

The show was great.  Herbie performed with an electric band.  I was glad to see that because sometimes artist like Herbie can show up with just a piano and bore you the entire concert.  But this on jumped.   :thumb: :thumb:

Ric

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Nice Ric. He & Chick Corea played in Seattle a couple of years back. Checked on tickets and they were marginal seating-wise, and $250 too boot. Too rich for my blood. Maybe someday I'll get to see him again. Saw him in the early '70s with the Headhunters, opened for Les McCann & Eddie Harris.  :thumb:

dB Cooper

The show was great.  Herbie performed with an electric band.  I was glad to see that because sometimes artist like Herbie can show up with just a piano and bore you the entire concert.  But this on jumped.   :thumb: :thumb:

Ric

Herbie could entertain me for a whole concert with just a piano. Different strokes I suppose. I saw him years ago on a double bill with Corea. Both were great.