Super V's for Sale

blazin

Super V's for Sale
« on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:17 pm »
The GR-Research "Super-V" is a truly special speaker with unparalleled audiophile performance. It has 97db sensitivity and is an easy 8 ohm load. They can be driven easily with even the lowest wattage amplifiers because it only has to drive the upper coaxial driver. The two 12" SERVO controlled subs in the bottom of each speaker are powered by their own amplifier.
There is no other speaker available at ANY price point with better sounding bass response. The Super-V is not only super fast and controlled by the SERVO system, but also plays flat to 20Hz and is -3db down in the teens. The subs also play up to 200hz to blend perfectly in any atmosphere.  No other open baffle speaker on the market has that level of performance.

"Steven Stone from the Absolute Sound says: Greatest Bargain - The GR Research room... And, Most Significant Product Introduction... These speakers have won numerous awards including "Best in Show" at RMAF 2010-2011.

The speakers are finished in a Black Walnut with an antiqued red edging. These pictures don't do them justice. Cash is king but I am always willing to listen to possible trades... I am located in Charleston SC... Price $3500

blazin

Re: Super V's for Sale
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2017, 01:47 am »
Bump

blazin

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2017, 11:35 pm »
Still for sale

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2017, 12:09 am »
These speakers are so damn good for the money no one should even hesitate to give them a go. I know they aren't big name brand that uses crappy crossover parts and spends boat loads of money on advertising to sell there gear.

Just buy them and be blown away.

blazin

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2017, 12:40 am »
Weekend bump

blazin

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2017, 12:21 am »
I still have these for sale. Send reasonable offers

blazin

« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2017, 12:39 am »
Weekend Bump

blazin

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:24 pm »
Now they have grills also...

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:25 pm »
Those speakers are a bargain at that price.

I still say that these speakers are as fun to listen to as anything I've ever done. They do everything really well and breeze through high SPL levels with ease.

blazin

« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2018, 12:37 am »
Still here guys and gals. Any input on the best way to possibly ship these? I’ve never shipped anything of their size and weight but have had several inquiries on shipping. Thanks in advance

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2018, 12:47 am »
I would suggest wooden crates for each speaker with foam padding all around.  Then put them on a pallet to truck them. 

That is the way mine came from Danny when I got them.  Worked well.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2018, 02:44 am »
Definitely wooden crates. I found out when I shipped a pair of triple driver subs that if it is over 100 pounds the shippers are not responsible for damage if you use even a double walled cardboard box.

There is probably a shipping company near you that will build the crates, pack the speakers, and ship them. I use a company called Box Brokers here in Tulsa.

If you can build the crates and pack the speakers that will save some money.

emailtim

« Reply #12 on: 27 Feb 2018, 05:49 pm »
Still here guys and gals. Any input on the best way to possibly ship these? I’ve never shipped anything of their size and weight but have had several inquiries on shipping. Thanks in advance

You can buy 4'x8' Styrofoam housing insulation sheets (at various thicknesses) at the big-box construction stores and easily cut it to size to line the shipping crates.  It is inexpensive and works well, but it can not deter a fork lift driver on a mission.

Harbor Freight also sells moving blankets.

Check out mlundy57's triple-8 thread and packing.  It looks like he used both Styrofoam insulation sheets and moving blankets inside of his wood crates.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=147658.0

Oscillate

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2018, 01:54 am »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2018, 06:32 am »

danvprod

« Reply #15 on: 2 Mar 2018, 03:01 am »
OMFG that was awful and hilarious.
That’s 10 minutes of my life that I’m never going to get back.

jpm

« Reply #16 on: 2 Mar 2018, 03:44 am »
OMFG that was awful and hilarious.

... and every time the ambulance siren sounded, I got vivid flashbacks to Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau being driven to jail in "A Shot In The Dark". Time to watch that again methinks!

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #17 on: 2 Mar 2018, 06:03 am »
I don't know what was worse, the fork lift video or the bigfoot commercial about the bed cover that came before  :o :o :o