Jenna Mammina & Rolf Sturm

Big Red Machine

Jenna Mammina & Rolf Sturm
« on: 7 Jul 2017, 05:48 pm »
Sat down with my boss and new group VP's last night for dinner at the Union in Kzoo and looked up at the sign board and was shocked to see this group listed as playing at 8 PM.

Definitely preferred them live. Tight group. Good vocals. Relaxed mood.

I was explaining to my dinner mates how these folks were actually somebody, not a local wanna be band. Once they Googled she was Jazz Singer of the Year once, they got it.

Don_S

Re: Jenna Mammina & Rolf Sturm
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2017, 07:35 pm »
How did they sound?  I tried to listen to some songs on YouTube and the acoustics were horrible. 

pconley2

Re: Jenna Mammina & Rolf Sturm
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2017, 07:57 pm »
Jemma Mamina has done several recordings for Cookie Marenco's Blue Coast Records.  I had the astonishing pleasure to be invited as part of the then SF Audio Society to Cookie's recording studio to hear Jemma and Matt Rollins record several piano/voice duets.  Great time, great voice and Matt's piano planing remains under appreciated.  I came away with two signed CD's.

Jemma's recording with Rolf Sturm is available on the Blue Coast Record website.

BRM, I hope you enjoyed the show, Jemma's recording of Zep's "I'm gonna crawl" is one of my favorites, I hope she played it.

phil