Out due to an injury (update)

Danny Richie

Out due to an injury (update)
« on: 3 Jul 2017, 11:21 pm »
Danny suffered an injury in a soccer game on Sunday. It is probably a separated shoulder.  He is unable to do much of anything right now.  Please be patient with us while responding to messages and getting orders out.
- Kristy Richie
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2017, 08:49 pm by Danny Richie »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Out due to an injury
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2017, 11:27 pm »
Hope he gets feeling better and that nothing is broke

Mike

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2017, 11:59 pm »
Oh man, that sucks!  I separated my shoulder riding mountain bike years ago, it's one of those injuries they can't really fix.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2017, 12:58 am »
Really sorry to hear that.  Hopefully it's a simple separation and heals quickly. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2017, 01:13 am »
Sorry to hear that he got hurt. Hope he gets well soon.

invicta51

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2017, 02:57 am »
That's gotta hurt. Lay low for a while Danny. Get better quick.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2017, 04:54 am »
Let's hope for a speedy recovery. On the bright side, a separated shoulder is way better than than a table saw through the hand...

(reference for those who didn't see it: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150224.0 (warning: not pretty pictures))

THROWBACK

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2017, 12:26 pm »
Ouch! But at least now he has time to think about all those new projects he's been putting off.

sunnydaze

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jul 2017, 01:43 pm »
I had a serious Grade 4 A/C separation in 1983 at 28 years old.  Immediate ligament reconstruction surgery.  Pain so bad I couldn't eat and lost 20 lbs.

Since then I have needed 3 other surgeries to decompress the joint:  bone spurs, arthritis, rotator cuff impingement, etc.   Most recent one June 2016.  Recovery is very rough and looooooooooooooong.  13 mos and still hurting bad.  And full recovery never happens.

Not being dramatic in saying it has seriously impacted my life.  Constant pain for 34 yrs -- more than half my life -- and all the physical limitations it has imposed on what was previously a very active athletic lifestyle.

Then again, there are separations that recover quite well.  Depends on severity of injury.   Grades 1, 2 and even 3 have good outcomes with rest and PT.  Hope he has one of those! 

Grades 4, 5, and 6 require surgery as they are complete tears of all ligaments and displacement of the clavicle.

KLH007

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jul 2017, 05:00 pm »
Hope you heal quickly without lingering issues.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 4 Jul 2017, 05:07 pm »
I had a grade 2 a few years ago and an impact last year that tore the rotator cuff muscles almost completely, tore the labrum and displaced connective tissue. 9 months later it's better but will take another year or so until my left side is fully symmetrical with my right side. The entire left side of my upper body got very emaciated....

Shoulder injuries require a lot of patience, and a lot of work... do your PT and best wishes for a quick and full recovery!  :)

Odal3

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jul 2017, 05:37 pm »
Hope you will have a speedy recovery

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #12 on: 4 Jul 2017, 06:17 pm »
Having good thoughts for ya' Danny. Get better quick!  :weights:

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jul 2017, 02:39 am »
Kris, am I remembering correctly that this is the second time Danny's had a shoulder go down?  If so, same one as last time or was it the other?

Danny, heal up well, and (yes, I know it is going to sound like a silly boys-will-be-boys kind of thing, but hey, the man paid for it!)  I hope you at least either scored or saved a goal on the slide/dive/tackle!  :beer:

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 5 Jul 2017, 03:43 pm »
Kris, am I remembering correctly that this is the second time Danny's had a shoulder go down?  If so, same one as last time or was it the other?

Danny, heal up well, and (yes, I know it is going to sound like a silly boys-will-be-boys kind of thing, but hey, the man paid for it!)  I hope you at least either scored or saved a goal on the slide/dive/tackle!  :beer:

Yes four years ago I had the same injury on the other shoulder. It was a long healing process but I did fully recover from it. Hopefully I will recover as well from this one.

Right now I have manageable pain levels, and I am just fine if I lay still and don't move around too much.

I am typing very slowly with my left hand with a small lap top in my lap.

I have a ton of messages to go through so be patient guys and I will respond.

Doublej

« Reply #15 on: 5 Jul 2017, 04:08 pm »
Consider using the built in voice recognition on your computer. It may significantly reduce the amount of typing you'll need to do.

jimbones

« Reply #16 on: 5 Jul 2017, 07:08 pm »
Yes four years ago I had the same injury on the other shoulder. It was a long healing process but I did fully recover from it. Hopefully I will recover as well from this one.

Right now I have manageable pain levels, and I am just fine if I lay still and don't move around too much.

I am typing very slowly with my left hand with a small lap top in my lap.

I have a ton of messages to go through so be patient guys and I will respond.

OXY!!  ha ha. i had bi-lateral hip resurfacing and Oxy and TRamDol were my friend :)

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 5 Jul 2017, 08:50 pm »
Feel better.

bdp24

« Reply #18 on: 6 Jul 2017, 01:02 am »
Feel better.

And stop playing soccer!

revg1952

« Reply #19 on: 6 Jul 2017, 01:29 am »