What amps have had the best sound with the GR Research Super V?

soundofrockets

In the end it's all worth it.  But those stairs and the hutch! 

Cheeseboy

It has always been the hutch. You were right from the beginning. It just shuts down the soundstage. Let's chop it up into firewood and burn it when you come on the 5th. Death to Hutchie.

Cheese

Cheeseboy

Shakey

Does the Line Magnetic have a line out?

Hugh

Does your AN300 have a line out for sub?

Cheese

Shakeydeal

It does not have a line out. But I have found in most cases, using the high level inputs on a subwoofer works best. I tried both ways with my old amp/preamp combo and high level was the clear winner. Such was the case years ago when using a Martin Logan sub with some Green Mountain Audio monitors.

Shakey

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Shakey

Does the Line Magnetic have a line out?

Hugh

Does your AN300 have a line out for sub?

Cheese
d

No, it does not.

Cheeseboy

I'm going to run in a high level application for a while to get a feel for it. Thanks guys

Cheese

SoCalWJS

Any updates Steve?

I attended a little GTG here over the weekend (non AC) and now I'm getting the itch to switch back to my Super V's - but there's still that whole thing of getting an amp that would work better with them. The System I listened to featured an Audio Research VT50 Amplifier, and I have to admit, it sounded pretty good in his setup.

Shakeydeal

I'm going to run in a high level application for a while to get a feel for it. Thanks guys

Cheese

Cheese,

How is this working out for you?

Shakey

para7452

I really like my AR Ref 75 SE.  A bit of overkill but Audio Research made me an offer I couldn't refuse. 1-5 watts is what the meters typically show. This are on my V1s. Danny was all sold out of SuperV drivers by the time I got around to building mine. No regrets: these are fantastic speakers!

Cheeseboy

The bottom end sounds fantastic. In going speaker level in. I received a great birthday present over the weekend. I was given a new pair of Voodoo Cable Mojo AC Cables. Holy Ampacity Batman. The bass is tighter than a Victoria Secret  models backside. The low level detail down there is got me double takin almost every song.  My best speaker cables are on the Rythmic amps.

My plan is now to switch out the speaker terminals on the Super V to WBTs.  I'll use the Blue Jeans cables on the Rythmics and the Voodoo Renaissance Speaker cables on the tweeter mid combo

Danny Richie

The bottom end sounds fantastic. In going speaker level in. I received a great birthday present over the weekend. I was given a new pair of Voodoo Cable Mojo AC Cables. Holy Ampacity Batman. The bass is tighter than a Victoria Secret  models backside. The low level detail down there is got me double takin almost every song.  My best speaker cables are on the Rythmic amps.

My plan is now to switch out the speaker terminals on the Super V to WBTs.  I'll use the Blue Jeans cables on the Rythmics and the Voodoo Renaissance Speaker cables on the tweeter mid combo

If you are swapping out speaker terminals go to the tube connectors. They are easily better than typical binding posts.

SoCalWJS

OK Steve -

Any updates? Have you had the chance to experiment or settle on something?  :green:

SoCalWJS

OK Steve -

Any updates? Have you had the chance to experiment or settle on something?  :green:
Bump.

Steve - any updates?