confused....please help

rmurray

confused....please help
« on: 24 Jun 2017, 06:52 pm »
 :scratch: :cry:..... Trying to get this straight ... The Bryston processor (bdp) can store  cds  ripped from the BOT ?  If so how much data can it hold ?  Thanks.... :thumb:

srb

Re: confused....please help
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2017, 07:11 pm »
Depends on the capacity of storage drive you attach to it, which could be an internal 2.5" SATA SSD or hard drive (BDP-3), an external USB drive or Network Attached Storage (NAS) unit.

As an example, a 2TB drive could hold an average of ~ 3000 1-hour albums in uncompressed format (44.1KHz/16bit) or up to twice that amount in a compressed format such as FLAC.

Steve

Tympani

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2017, 10:12 pm »
RMurray, the BDP's do not have intrinsic storage, but on my BDP-2 I can connect three 3TB drives to the rear USB ports, and one internally! That would leave one of the posts available for output. (Not to mention the two USB flash ports in the front).

Storage up the wazoo :thumb:

rmurray

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2017, 03:39 am »
RMurray, the BDP's do not have intrinsic storage, but on my BDP-2 I can connect three 3TB drives to the rear USB ports, and one internally! That would leave one of the posts available for output. (Not to mention the two USB flash ports in the front).

Storage up the wazoo :thumb:
Thank you for the info.....less confused now... :thumb: