XXX: Return of Xander Cage

mcgsxr

XXX: Return of Xander Cage
« on: 31 May 2017, 10:08 pm »
Yeah.  Not that great.  But amusingly better than the first one for me!  But neither rates higher than 5/10.

Some fun action, but I felt they at times tried to go beyond that - unsuccessfully mostly.  I had the "plot" called from early on.

I will say that Donny Yen and Tony Jaa have some serious martial arts chops.  And I liked seeing Ruby Rose (who was in John Wick 2 also) in this role.

Most of you are likely way to smart to see this one - I blame frequent work air travel and having seen most of the other options!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: XXX: Return of Xander Cage
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2017, 01:20 am »
Ruby Rose is certainly easy on the eyes!  Donnie Yen is a marvel and of course kind of slummin' it in this one. :lol:  I'm actually a fan of Vin Diesel but there's something mildly pathetic about a guy in his 40's still supposedly being this extreme sports god.  The plot was nonsensical as one would expect.  I'm not sure the world was really crying out for a sequel so long after the original but hey- they got my $9.50. :lol:  I went in with vanishingly low expectations which were met (barely).  Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination but some good performances and the cast had decent chemistry.  Probably worth catching on Netflix or on a plane but that's about it.