SOLD - Emerald Physics 2.7 - Original Owner

GregC

SOLD - Emerald Physics 2.7 - Original Owner
« on: 12 May 2017, 11:10 pm »
I am selling my Emerald Physics CS-2.7 speakers with real cherry wood front baffle.  The CS-2.7 was the flagship speaker at the time I bought it.  The speakers are designed to be bi-wired (there is a simple passive crossover between the mid range drivers and tweeters), but can easily be tri-amped using the new Emerald Physics DSP 2.8 crossover.   I am selling the speakers with the DSP 2.4 crossover.

The speakers look high end with the real cherry front baffle, and the original version has a smaller footprint.  I have owned Emerald Physics speakers since 2007, moving from the CS-2 to the CS-2.3, and finally to the CS-2.7.  I initially used the speakers with an upgraded Behringer cross over (offered by Underwood Hi Fi in partnership with Parts Connexion), but the Behringer died on me.  You can have the Behringer in case you can fix it or just want to harvest upgraded parts from it.   

I want to sell these speakers for local pickup.  I live next to Monterey if you want an excuse to visit Monterey and bring home some nice speakers as part of your trip.  I also have the expensive boxes with clam shell packaging that are included in the sale (boxes and packaging cost $200 alone).  The speakers are $SOLD.  If you want to get into the world of open baffle speakers, you will be hard pressed to do better for the money.

I have sold a few things here on AC and I have extensive feedback on Audiogon under GregC.

« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2017, 04:16 pm by GregC »

GregC

Re: Emerald Physics 2.7 - Original Owner
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2017, 09:19 pm »
I have owned the CS-2.7 speakers since 2012.  The CS-2.7 speakers sound much better than the CS-2.3 speakers that I see listed for more than my asking price.  The upgraded tweeter makes a nice difference in sound quality. 

GregC

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2017, 12:46 am »
Bump.  I have had offers to buy if I am willing to ship.  I was hoping for a local sale so buyer could hear the speakers and I would not have to go through the hassle of shipping heavy speakers through FedEx.

amb3cog

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:49 am »
Those are some neat looking speakers. Look like a sculpture with the covers on.

They must get really loud, and sound spectacular. I really dig unique stuff. These are quite unique indeed. Good luck selling them.

GregC

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2017, 01:02 am »
Those are some neat looking speakers. Look like a sculpture with the covers on.

They must get really loud, and sound spectacular. I really dig unique stuff. These are quite unique indeed. Good luck selling them.

The speakers do look very nice with the solid cherry wood baffle, but more importantly, they sound even better than they look. 

I have the full packaging (boxes with heavy duty clam shell inserts), so I may be willing to ship the speakers.  I really hoped for a local sale so I could have a buyer hear them and not have to worry about FedEx handling them.  Local sale only.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2017, 01:02 am by GregC »

GregC

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2017, 01:00 am »
Decided I am not willing to ship only available for local pickup.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2017, 12:36 am by GregC »

GregC

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2017, 01:03 am »
Price lowered.

GregC

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2017, 06:19 pm »
These speakers are a major bargain considering the CS-2.7 includes the expensive Beyma 12XA30Nd coaxial cone and directivity drivers that sell for over $1,000 on their own.  The Upgraded Beyma drivers made a nice difference in sound quality over the CS-2.3 speakers I owned before I upgraded to the CS-2.7 speakers.

At my full asking price I may consider shipping the speakers.  Figure on then costing $350 to $400 to ship.  I will not include the Behringer if the speakers are shipped.

I will knock $100 off for a local pick up.

GregC

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2017, 11:45 pm »
Price lowered, $SOLD
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2017, 04:15 pm by GregC »

GregC

Re: SPF - Emerald Physics 2.7 - Original Owner
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2017, 08:12 pm »
Sold pending funds on Audiogon.

GregC

Re: SPF - Emerald Physics 2.7 - Original Owner
« Reply #10 on: 1 Aug 2017, 04:16 pm »