NuForce MCA-20, tweeter makes pop sound with protective cap

Fjendbo

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I am running my 2-way speakers with an active crossover, MiniDSP OpenDRC-DA8. Each speaker driver is connected directly to the amplifier, NuForce MCA-20. No problem for the woofer, but for the tweeter, I would like to have a protective cap in series with the tweeter. I'm using Vifa XT25 tweeters at the moment, which are quite sturdy, but I will be running Bohlender Graebener Neo3 and Neo8 planar drivers later and I find protective capacitor a must.

The problem with the NuForce is, that a loud pop occurs in the speaker driver if a protective capacitor is connected in series with the driver. With no capacitor in series with the driver little to no pop occurs. It seems the capacitor has the complete opposite effect of what is desired.

I measured DC across an output and it maxed out at 1.162 volts! As I'm inexperienced, I don't have anything to compare with, but it seems much too high. Am I right?

Also, here's a video clip showing power on, idle and power off with a multimeter attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm3g83yjku7tfiz/2017-05-09%2020.13.30.mov?dl=0

Any help is appreciated!