After Hours Listening Session Axpona 2017

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: After Hours Listening Session Axpona 2017
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2017, 08:31 pm »
the sole reason for my attending AXPONA was to see and hear the Ultra 11's and hang out with Damon, Leif and the faithful VSA "groupies".  Boy, was I not disappointed!!!  VSA proved yet again they are on the cutting edge of speaker design!  This time, the mainstream audiophile media agrees across the board, the Ultra 11's, VAC's, Kronos, Ultra cables, Tube traps etc., system, were Best in Show!  If you can get this much resolution, depth, dynamics in a hotel suite, just imagine how'd they perform in a dedicated room, at home!  I wish Munich were 6 hours closer to me!  Love you guys!

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2017, 02:03 pm »
the sole reason for my attending AXPONA was to see and hear the Ultra 11's and hang out with Damon, Leif and the faithful VSA "groupies".  Boy, was I not disappointed!!!  VSA proved yet again they are on the cutting edge of speaker design!  This time, the mainstream audiophile media agrees across the board, the Ultra 11's, VAC's, Kronos, Ultra cables, Tube traps etc., system, were Best in Show!  If you can get this much resolution, depth, dynamics in a hotel suite, just imagine how'd they perform in a dedicated room, at home!  I wish Munich were 6 hours closer to me!  Love you guys!

..Jack I couldn't have said it better and we enjoyed getting know you over that fabulous dinner.  Happy listening buddy..

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2017, 07:36 pm »
so much enjoyed finally meeting you G!  What a terrific and supportive partner in life you have too!  Was a great event... As VSA used to say "a listening experience not soon forgotten" remains true today!  Took me a few days to retune my ear/brain barrier after AXPONA!!!  My 55's are singing again!

htradtk

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2017, 09:37 pm »
Me too! Wish I could meet all of you crazy audiophiles too! Lol love this hobby and especially VSA! Hope VSA can make Capital Audio Fest 2018! Maybe some of you come to the D.C. Area!

Henry

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2017, 11:23 pm »
..I think I remember someone taking a cellphone photo at the Friday night dinner.  If that is correct and someone here has a copy could you please post same?  Thanks guys..

gammajo

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2017, 04:16 am »
I  went mainly to hear the VSA room and to meet with folks I had only communicated with online. The room was terrific but hanging with my VSA buds in person was something that I will treasure for years to come. I also am able to report that I am thoroughly enjoying my 55's in my room, with the added perspective of hearing many systems at the show with equipment that I have been interested in over the years from the magazines. Thanks for all who took the time to come to the show and the VSA team for all their hard work, creativity and passion for music.