Audio Horizons Platinum Reference Fuse, 5 amp, Slow Blow, 5 x 20mm

mikeg1

These are really special fuses.  I've tried them all and this is the best to my ears in my system.  The high frequencies will be better resolved but the sound remained warm on my tube amp.  I had this on my Ayon Audio Triton for about 3 months but then sold the Triton.  These retail for $118 each and come in jewelry box. $80 plus shipping.  I am using these in my stereotimes.com reference system.

What Makes the Platinum Reference “More Than a Fuse" So Fine?
Without betraying proprietary information, let me note that the More Than a Fuse dramatically increases the impedance from 0.2 ohms to 10 ohms at 10 MHz, thus increasing high frequency noise-rejection fifty fold over that of a conventional fuse. As a result of this increased noise rejection, one can hear delicate extended high frequencies formerly swallowed up in noise.

And because the Platinum Reference “More Than a Fuse” also reduces ultra high frequency noise by up to 46 dB or more, a ratio 200 times that of a typical fuse, high frequency harmonic texture is heard against a dead quiet background with a level of detail and refinement so sweet, delicate, and with such presence and immediacy—well, it will make you smile.

We could tell you this fuse is the truest, the purest, the most refined, natural, detailed, extended, airy and transparent fuse you’ve ever heard, and we believe we would not exaggerate, but with fuses, as with cables, the proof is in the listening.

Genez

What's the status of this fuse at this time?