Music Reference RM-9 Mk2 - "As New" Refurbished & Upgraded by Roger -Warranty

montaldos

If you have been wanting an RM-9, this is an unusual chance to have one that is "as new". This is one of the first 100 RM-9's made (serial #43). In the last couple of months this amplifier went through a full reconditioning and refurbish ($450 value) by Roger himself in which he:

- cleaned and full bench tested it
- replaced parts as needed
- redid solder joints as needed, both point to point and circuit traces
- installed new RCA inputs
- installed a brand new complete wooden casing
- installed a new power switch
- install NOS matched Seimens EL34 tubes and new RAM input tubes (another $850 value on top of the $450); tubes now have 100 hours on them

Following the refurbish, the amp tested as new. Then Roger upgraded the amp to Mk2 status ($900 value) with power supply chokes and additional caps, and Roger's favorite Cardas binding posts. Note: He did not bother installing fuses for each tube. However, there several material advantages over and above even the normal Mk2:

1. The chokes used are superior to normal Mk2 chokes
2. Roger installed a soft-start power switch. Really nice, never a sound on turn-on. He says it is the only RM-9 with this feature installed by him.
3. It has the feedback switch (high/med/low), which was not available on later production.

Due to an unexpected change in speakers, have decided to go another direction. I paid $3500 for this amp just four weeks ago. I am asking $2950. It has the balance of a 90-day Music Reference full warranty that is transferable to the buyer. Only a couple of months left, but at least it provides some buyer security. The 90-day clock started on February 20, 2017.

Cosmetically, the wooden casing is perfect since it is brand new. The rest of the amp (transformer covers, horizontal plate, etc) is in very nice condition but there very superficial marks here and there in the right light. I don't want you to expect cosmetic perfection but there are no major scratches and it is a strong "8" cosmetically, and the casing is a "10". I have a photocopy of the manual and factory boxes. The power cord is a fixed type.

Please don't contact Tony or Roger at Music Reference unless you are very serious about this piece, but if you are I believe they would be happy to vouch for the facts above and its provenance. It's a special piece. They have been great to work with. I am also happy to provide a copy of the invoice for $3500.

I live in St. Louis MO (ZIP 63017), and would be happy to drive up to three hours to meet. However, I can ship it at the buyer's cost. The box is 21 x 16 x 11 inches and weighs 80 lbs.

I have 100% feedback on Audiogon as "montaldo".

Thanks for looking.
Stuart