Furman Elite 15 PF i vs Torus TOT Max

abanks8

Furman Elite 15 PF i vs Torus TOT Max
« on: 19 Mar 2017, 02:51 pm »
Looking to upgrade from a Monster HTS 3500 and I have an opportunity to purchase a Furman Elite 15 PF i (at a decent price).  However, while researching the Furman product, I came across other power conditioners and the Torus seemed to stand out (at nearly double the price).  My goal is to improve my system performance.

My system is simple: Anthem 520MRX, Oppo 203 DVD player, Emotiva ERC-3 CD player, Musical Fidelity X-10 tube buffer and a Sony 65X850C television.

So, I am wondering, I am wondering if there is any real advantage to choosing the Torus over the Furman? 

Elizabeth

• Love is all there is....
Re: Furman Elite 15 PF i vs Torus TOT Max
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2017, 03:02 pm »
I own a Furman REF20i I bought used for $1,000. (retail $3,500)
I tried a cheaper Furman, and for the money (retail price) they are very overpriced. I returned it and looked for a used better one.
(and the dealer makes more than average markup too)
Try finding a Furman at a musician outlet type website. They might have the Furman for a better discount.
Music Direct has a demo for sale right now $599.

Big Red Machine

• Wallenda's got nothin' on me...
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2017, 04:11 pm »
They are completely different animals. The Furman is a filter only and the Torus is a toroidal transformer isolation set-up.

abanks8

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to go with the Torus, planning to pickup today.