Too good to be true/ ?Harley/ EBay sale/scam?

stlrman

Too good to be true/ ?Harley/ EBay sale/scam?
« on: 12 Mar 2017, 12:00 am »
This bike was listed on local  CL.
 The tank is a 5 gallons. Right now I'm at Minot AFB in North Dakota, doing a special training and getting ready for my deployment to Syria. The motorcycle is already at the eBay warehouse, here in Minot, sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 2-3 days. The transaction will be done ONLY through eBay. They will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. By dealing through eBay, we are both covered 100% and nothing wrong can happen with my vehicle or your money. You will benefit of free delivery (2 days top) and a 7 day period to test, inspect and accept the vehicle. Your money will stay in your possession and you won't release any payment to eBay until you inspect and accept the bike. If you're interested, please reply with your full name, shipping address and the best phone # where you can be reached. I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with more info on how to purchase it and how to make the payment.
You can see here more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/p8TDp
The bike looks immaculate and  way too cheap.
But if this is real , I can buy from eBay and money stays in my account until I accept the purchase??

Does anything on EBay exist??
Is this a scam ??

stlrman

Re: Too good to be true/ ?Harley/ EBay sale/scam?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2017, 12:09 am »
If this is real, how would a title transfer be done ?

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2017, 12:58 am »
Obvious SCAM!
Shit ! Too good to be true , scam

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2017, 01:31 am »
Clearly a scam. If it was real, the CL listing would just point you to the Ebay listing.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2017, 05:37 am »
The Ebay terms are resonable.

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2017, 11:46 am »
There is no hidden EBay . It's either up for everyone to see or it does not exist.
Also , no shipping charge to me. It would cost him $1500 to ship it to me. Thus his profit would be $0. Plus they were in a hospital shipping out to Syria in two days.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm »
I have seen many of these scams. These people are always in the military overseas, or on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, or some other place that makes the story seem reasonable. If you contact them they will never actually talk to you, its always emails. Either they are in a place that they cant use a phone or they are hearing impaired, or some such B.S.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2017, 01:14 pm »
A friend of mine almost fell for a similar scam with a car- ready to send the $$.  I told him to insist on contacting the soldier's CO at Dyess AFB. Of course, the guy wouldn't give him the name of his CO.  Scam.

StereoNut

« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2017, 06:15 pm »
If you like THAT deal... I've got something for YOU!  :lol:  $1,000,000 or Best Offer!

SN