WTB - Inexpensive HTR/AVR w/HDMI

Dan Driscoll

WTB - Inexpensive HTR/AVR w/HDMI
« on: 6 Mar 2017, 04:50 pm »
I'm looking for an inexpensive/cheap HT receiver for a secondary 3.1 system. I don't need a lot of power, the L/R/C speakers are bookshelf size and the sub is powered. It does need to have working HDMI and at least 1 optical input, but it doesn't need to be 2.2 or have ARC. A built-in tuner would be nice, but is not required. Marantz, Yamaha and Pioneer are preferred, but I will consider anything. Max budget is $150, delivered. If you're anywhere near zip code 34231 (Sarasota, FL) I would be happy to come to you or meet midway.

Doublej

Re: WTB - Inexpensive HTR/AVR w/HDMI
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2017, 08:01 pm »
Fry's has a Yamaha Rx-V381 currently available for $189 in store only with promo code.

Someone on AC (srb?) indicated that sometimes the San Antonio Fry's will honor the price and ship it to you.

YMMV.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2017, 08:28 pm »
Someone on AC (srb?) indicated that sometimes the San Antonio Fry's will honor the price and ship it to you.

It was OzarkTom
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148177.msg1585100#msg1585100

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2017, 08:38 pm »
If I have to buy new or refurbished I'll expand the budget and get something with networking and calibration.

Doublej

« Reply #4 on: 7 Mar 2017, 12:57 am »
If I have to buy new or refurbished I'll expand the budget and get something with networking and calibration.

The RX-V381 has calibration. The RX-V4xx and above adds networking. The new models should be announced soon so hopefully that means closeout specials from on the existing models from Yamaha,, Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer ,etc

srb thanks for clarifying the attribution.

jlawson1977

« Reply #5 on: 7 Mar 2017, 02:48 pm »
I've got a Yamaha RXV 2700 that I no longer use.  Im the original owner.  Its in great shape.  Comes with all original packaging, remote, manual and calibration mic..  Works perfectly.  I'm in Bradenton.  Its yours for $100 if interested.  We could work out delivery details.

Thanks
Jim

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #6 on: 7 Mar 2017, 05:08 pm »
Hi Jim,

That sounds great, I'd love to have it. I'll be happy to come to you, just say when and where.   :thumb:

Thanks,
Dan

jlawson1977

« Reply #7 on: 7 Mar 2017, 09:55 pm »
PM sent !

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #8 on: 9 Mar 2017, 08:57 pm »
I just wanted to let everyone know I did buy Jim's Yamaha. It was in excellent condition and works perfectly, exactly as stated.

I also enjoyed almost an hour of conversation with him, talking music, audio and real estate. I would buy from him again and would enjoy knocking back a beer or 2 with him, as well.

jlawson1977

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2017, 02:24 pm »

I also enjoyed almost an hour of conversation with him, talking music, audio and real estate. I would buy from him again and would enjoy knocking back a beer or 2 with him, as well.

Likewise Dan!  It was great to meet you and I'm glad you're happy with the Yamaha.  The conversation was great, and I really like the idea of a couple beers !

Jim