Klipsch RF-7 II B Stock $1800/PAIR

smata67

Klipsch RF-7 II B Stock $1800/PAIR
« on: 6 Mar 2017, 12:44 am »
Acoustic Sound Design, an authorized Klipsch seller, has been selling "B" Stock new RF-7IIs on eBay for a few weeks now and stock is running low.  Looks to be as good as new, something about the veneer not meeting Ks standards.  Might want to move fast if interested, only a few left.

nhpm510

• Trading refs: A'gon, Emo boards same user name
Re: Klipsch RF-7 II B Stock $1800/PAIR
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2017, 04:34 am »
Is the 7 THAT much better than the 82?  $1300 worth better?

More importantly, which center channel to pair with 82 and 7...

Signed,
Looking for my first pair of Klipsch for HT duty

uncola

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2017, 03:30 pm »
Yeah way better

smata67

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2017, 01:13 pm »
I have had the RF-82s now for about a month in a 500 SF living room and I am very happy with them.  The 7s would be more of the same, I guess.  They look to be large.  If I did not have the 82s already, I probably would go for the 7s.

These Klipsch products are incredible for HT.  The horn tweeter provides very detailed sound, even at low volumes.  They make my old $1000 Definitive Technology system sound like garbage.  Night and day.

The RF-82s are on sale again at Frys with a promo code through midnight.  A great deal at $229 each shipped.

orthobiz

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2017, 02:32 am »
Bought a pair of the 229 each speakers, thanks!

Paul

smata67

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2017, 09:03 pm »
Various speakers from that series have been on close out pricing at Frys and Newegg, in case you need to complete an HT setup.  The RC-62 center I got at a ridiculous $134 shipped, but it looks like the going rate on sale for those now is $199.  I got the RB-61 for rear surround for $199 shipped from Frys.  What I do is put a tickler on slickdeals.net and I get an email when someone posts that they are on sale or will be soon (Frys lets the word out before the sales).

These are deceptively inexpensive given their sound quality.  With a proper amp, you have a high end performing system, no doubt about it.  My main rig is Thiel CS3.5s with Odyssey monoblocks and even with a middling home theater amp I'm having a hard time deciding if that system is in fact better than the Klipsch.  The clarity is very alluring and voices seem so much more realistic.  No harshness or fatigue at all.   I will say that they are also "revealing" like many high end speakers seem to be and I have rotated two amps through them and you can really hear the difference between equipment.