SOLD: Dodd Selectable Gain Tube Preamplifier - Battery Powered, with Remote

MarkR7

*** SOLD!!! ***

Wow, never thought I would part with this great preamp, and this is the second one I've owned! I am upgrading to Omega's latest speaker, the HO SAM, and I need to amass some funds for their purchase.

This is Gary's (RIP) last version, and was one of his own preamps that I bought when he was ill.  While it's his last version, it was built into an older, flat chassis (as pictured), with real, natural oak sides.  Worked out great for me, as it allowed me to upgrade to the stellar, but large, Jupiter Copper Foil caps, displacing the standard Mundorf Silver / Oil caps. It's a selectable gain preamp that's switchable by the user: 0db gain (buffer), 6db, and 12db. Uses any tube from the 6DJ8, 6922, 7308 family.

As pictured, I am asking $SOLD, obo, plus shipping (I will gladly cover Paypal fees).  Motivated to sell, but I will not give it away!  Local pickup is fine / encouraged!

It is a 10/10 functionally, and prob a 6 or 7 out of 10 cosmetically. The front panel, as you can see in the pics, has discoloration, and there are a few minor scuffs on the top plate. Nothing I can do about that, but hey, it's all about the clean, holographic, natural, and dynamic sound you will get from this preamp. The remote works perfectly.

What you will get:
- The preamp with Jupiter Copper Foil caps ($350 upgrade)
- Remote Control
- Power cable for the battery
- EH 6H30pi tube (cryo'ed from Cryoset)

Optional:
- Mundorf Silver/Oil caps replacing the installed Jupiter caps (subtract $200); If you want these Mundorf caps in addition to the Jupiters (add $75)
- My favorite tube in this preamp, the Mullard CV4109 (add $100), along with the EH above
- A CTEK 3300 charger (add $45)

Wonderful preamp for a great price that rarely comes up! Get this one today! I have perfect feedback on A-gon (1markr), eBay (also 1markr), and USAudioMart (you guessed it, 1markr).

Here are the pics:

« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2017, 09:06 pm by MarkR7 »

MarkR7

HPower

Who bought this Mark?

Give me his address so I can hunt him down like the dog he is.  :o

Congrats on the sale and congrats to the new owner.  :thumb:

MarkR7

This will prob be one of those situations where seller's remorse will set in, and the Dodd will be missed!  :duh:  But I need the funds to help pay for a pair of Omega Super Alnico HO monitors, so the remorse should be eased!

You will need to get a plane ticket for Down Under, since a gent from Australia bought the preamp, and it's heading down that way soon.  He will be in for a treat!  :thumb:

Who bought this Mark?

Give me his address so I can hunt him down like the dog he is.  :o

Congrats on the sale and congrats to the new owner.  :thumb:

usp1

A case of the dingo eating the Dodd!! He is in for a treat for sure.

Stimpy

Hi Mark,

That was a great looking preamp.  Gary sure did beautiful work!  I'm not sure that I could have sold it.    :o

Also, the spare Mundorf SIO caps; do you still have them?  If they're 2.2uF in value, I might be interested in them, if you no longer need them?

Thanks!

Stimpy