Audiophile PC for music streaming SOLD SOLD SOLD

quadman

Audiophile PC for music streaming SOLD SOLD SOLD
« on: 3 Mar 2017, 11:08 pm »
Windows 10 pro based PC, 4 months old that was made for streaming music and up sampling music files to DSD512.  This PC can handle HQPlayer (2s filter) at DSD512.  It can handle all HQPlayer filters at rates under DSD512 (DSD256,128,64 and all PMC),

I built this for a friend who after 3 months decided to give up PC streaming and focus on Vinyl and RTR tape playback (he likes easy buttons).  The original motherboard failed, diagnosed as video output failure.  I installed a new motherboard in the PC and all is back to perfect working order.

Parts in this PC

Case- Thermaltake Core V21
CPU- Intel i7-4790K (base frequency 4.0Ghz with turbo to 4.4GHz)
RAM- 2x4Gb (8gb total) G Skill Ripsaws X Series DDR3 2133
Cooler- Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler
SSD (for OS)- ADATA Primier SP550 120 GB SATA III
PSU- SeaSonic SSR-450RM 450W ATX12v/EPS12v Gold Certified

Mother Board- Gigabyte GA- Z97mx Gaming 5 mATX with Dac-up USB out
WiFi Card- TP Link N900 dual band
Cooler Master Silent fan 120mm, 19 db exhaust fan
Windows 10 pro

The above in parts cost is $907, I will sell it for $600.  Motherboard is brand new other parts about 3 1/2 months.  Pc is located in Knoxville, TN

I also have a Western Digital Black 2TB HDD (7200 RPM) that was used for music storage which i can include for an additional $85, it also is 3 1/2 months old.

There is some music playback software and windows optimizing software on the PC that can also be sold with the unit, for additional $.  PM for more details on that.

This is a very quiet PC, it does have 3 fans (200mm input, 120mm output and 120mm for the CPU radiator cooling).  Max temperature (CPU) I have seen while up sampling to DSD512 is 61C, ave is high 40's.

Link to case- http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002559
There is plenty of room for expansion 1-PCIeX16 slot, 1-PCIeX8 slot, 1-PCIeX4 slot, and 2 more slots open for additional memory, tho I find 8GB sufficient.

I have 100% feedback on Audiogon (quadman) and Ebay (Ilovetubes)

« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2017, 01:52 pm by quadman »

vidcom

Re: Audiophile PC for music streaming and up sampling
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2017, 08:37 am »
Hi Quadman,
I'm considering using this Audiophile PC with a GUSTARD DAC-X20 Pro which I've yet to purchase.  I mentioned to Ric at tweakaudio.com of my goals and he told me about the PC you are selling here.  I'm also considering a T+K DAC 8 as well as other "cutting edge" DAC's - PSAudio DirectStream with wireless bridge and others.  I have tons of SACD's and someday I'd like to rip them to their full glory using a capable DAC, but that will need to wait for the time being ~ I'm not sure how to accomplish this for now.
I'm interested in upgrading my current computer audio system which consists of a general purpose HP computer running logitech media server which wirelessly streams flac files to a squeezebox duet music player which is located in another room downstairs.  The DAC currently in use here is a Benchmark DAC1, the original version, non USB but I hope to upgrade to a DSD 512 upsample capable DAC.  There is much I don't know about computer audio.  For example will I need to wire my townhouse with ethernet cable?  I certainly do not want to have the computer in the main listening room. 
Anyway, as you may have noted, I am new on AudioCircle so I'm not sure exactly how to proceed regarding making purchases here but I have a perfect rating on ebay and audiogon both as a sell and a buyer.
I hope we can get together to bridge to gap that exists between my goals and reality.  All the best - vidcom