My Dad, a great man!

drmike

Re: My Dad, a great man!
« Reply #40 on: 7 Feb 2017, 04:02 pm »
sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. my father was also a schenectady ge lifer (gas turbine). ww11 vet, never talked much about it. just went to work every day, raised his family and never complained about anything. we are fortunate to have such great men for fathers. my thoughts are with you.
ex-schenectadian now in hn,
drmike

schw06

« Reply #41 on: 7 Feb 2017, 08:49 pm »
Pete,
   So sorry your dad passed. Sounds like a fantastic life and I'm thankful for his service as he was part of the last great generation. I miss my father very much and it's been more than 10 years. What is his name? Perhaps a cable named after him to honor his life is in order? I'm sure he would say you are his crowning achievement so maybe you can create your crowning achievement cable and honor him.
David

KLH007

« Reply #42 on: 8 Feb 2017, 01:13 am »
Pete, I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Our thoughts and prayers will be for you and your family.
Grace to you and your family,
                                           Kemper

fridays

« Reply #43 on: 8 Feb 2017, 03:34 am »
Sorry for the loss of your dad Pete
You are so correct he was part of the greatest generation

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #44 on: 8 Feb 2017, 04:25 am »
Deepest sympathies for you and your family Pete.  My dad passed a few years ago, sounds like they could've been good friends.  Hope you find some solace in knowing he had a life well lived.

Triode Pete

« Reply #45 on: 25 Feb 2017, 02:26 pm »
Friends,
Thank you for your kind words, thoughts & condolences. I think my Dad led a great life, settting the proper examples of how humility & hard work can make this country great. The Marine Corp Honor Guard drove from Chicopee, MA to Schenctady to lay my Dad to rest two weeks ago today. He would have been proud.

Thanks again everyone,
Pete

Pete,

Sandy and I are truly sorry for your loss.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You are blessed for having him for such a long and productive life.

Best,

Don P
Deepest sympathies for you and your family Pete.  My dad passed a few years ago, sounds like they could've been good friends.  Hope you find some solace in knowing he had a life well lived.
Sorry for the loss of your dad Pete
You are so correct he was part of the greatest generation
Pete, I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Our thoughts and prayers will be for you and your family.
Grace to you and your family,
                                           Kemper
Pete,
   So sorry your dad passed. Sounds like a fantastic life and I'm thankful for his service as he was part of the last great generation. I miss my father very much and it's been more than 10 years. What is his name? Perhaps a cable named after him to honor his life is in order? I'm sure he would say you are his crowning achievement so maybe you can create your crowning achievement cable and honor him.
David
sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. my father was also a schenectady ge lifer (gas turbine). ww11 vet, never talked much about it. just went to work every day, raised his family and never complained about anything. we are fortunate to have such great men for fathers. my thoughts are with you.
ex-schenectadian now in hn,
drmike
My sincere condolences Peter
God Bless you and your family at this time of need
Pete, you have my condolences. I'm sorry for your loss.
Deepest condolences to you and your family, my friend.

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, but he sounds like he was a very special person indeed.
Pete our heart and prayers are with you my dear friend. Whatever you need just ask. May Dad rest in eternal peace in God's Kingdom.

charles and jo ann rollo
So sorry to hear about your Dad passing.
My sincere condolences to you and your family, Pete.

You mentioned your father in our first email exchange, his strength of character, his fortitude and determination to remain living in a house he built himself in upstate NY (IIRC).

They don't make them like they used to applies to most people today, too. Your father is part of a special and hardy generation. It's a blessing that he had a long life and that you are so connected to him and proud of his character and accomplishments.

Peace Be With You

Sorry to hear this Pete,
I can tell you are proud of your father and his accomplishments.
I am sure he is beaming with pride for his children as well.
Greg
Sorry to hear that Pete. Deepest condolences to you and your family; may you find comfort and strength during this period. I'm sure your Dad must be smiling down, happy to know how much his son thinks of him.

Best regards,
Ben
Losing your dad is a hard passage in life, but one that is the natural order of things.  I know that the man I am today is the result of the lessons taught to me by my father.  He is missed, but still lives on in those that love him.  Your dad, my dad, and all those depression kids/ WWII vets were a tough breed that we won't see again. 
Hope you find solace in your memories of him. 
Pete--So sorry to hear about your Dad. Be proud.
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Pete.  My prayers are with you and your family.

John
Prayers with you and your family Pete. Sounds like a fantastic life he had.
It's bittersweet... he's in a better place which is great, but those left behind are sad he's gone.
God Bless you and your family.
My deepest condolences Pete. People like your father laid the foundation for generations to come. I'm happy you at least spent some time with him yesterday and he lived a rather fruitful life.

Best,
Anand.
In those times there was no TV only radio.
Today most people have IQ around 90.
"If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
by United States Marines."

My condolences on your sadness for his passing.
My admiration for the greatness his life contributed to this world.
It is an honor and a joy that you are the legacy left to follow him.

Semper Fidelis
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2017, 04:49 pm by Triode Pete »

Douger

« Reply #46 on: 25 Feb 2017, 06:25 pm »
Also my Sincere Condolences, God Bless and Protect your family!