Decware amp in a small room

jimmieg

Decware amp in a small room
« on: 13 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm »
I have tried to register for the Decware forum several times and get the same error message each time, so I am posting this question here. I just ordered a pair of Omega speakers and curious about tubes for them. My room is small and I sit close to my gear, maybe seven feet away. Also, I live in Texas and we get a few months of very hot weather each year. I am hoping to hear from Decware owners about heat being an issue, or not. Would likely consider Torii Jr or Rachael.  Thx, Jim

Nocturne79

Re: Decware amp in a small room
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2017, 02:51 am »
Hello there I don't personally have either of the amps you are looking into but I can give you my thoughts on the amps i do have. 

I have a decware torii mkiv, csp3 and mini torii and I have a dual rs5 omega monitor speakers that i run my amps to.

My room i had them in for awhile was 10x9 with 7'8" ceiling heights and i listened at my computer desk so very near field.  Running the ToriiMKIV +Csp3 i found it got really warm in the room and sometimes it was just too hot to play cause i would be sweating lol and that was in middle of summer here in seattle.  When i use the mini torii I can literally be next to it running for hours never really feel any increase in heat.  Since i moved the setup to a bigger room and the listening is now about 7 ft away neither amp makes me feel any increase in heat though the bigger room is like 15x20 with vaulted ceilings.

hope that helps have a great day

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2017, 02:59 am »
I have a CSP-2+ and a a Taboo II in a 10x10 home office doing headphones and desktop
Speakers.  Heat has never been an issue---but seldom go more than 2-3 hrs. at a time.
Hibuck....

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2017, 04:10 am »
Hey Now,

I have a Super Zen and Super 3Ss and sit about 7' away from the amp and speakers. No issue with heat, the room does have a vaulted ceiling and is air conditioned during the warmer summer months. My monoblocks put out more heat than the Decware.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

jimmieg

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2017, 02:10 pm »
I was hoping this is what I would hear from people. Thanks much, I can't wait to get the speakers and begin experimenting.

jsm71

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2017, 05:42 pm »
Hi Jimmieg,

I see you only have a few posts here and may not be sure how this site works fully.  Check "My Messages" after logging in.  I sent you one.

Cheers.

nature boy

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2017, 06:20 pm »
Jim,

You will thoroughly enjoy the Decware - Omega combination.  I have a relatively small listening room 15.5' long x 13.5' wide x 7' high.  Tube heat from the amp (Decware SE84CS) is barely noticeable in summer, or winter for that matter.  I sit about 8' away from the speakers.

The low-powered SET amp with Omega Alnico hemp drivers sound incredibly realistic.  Very fast, with great tonality.  I liked this combination SO MUCH I recently ordered a Decware Zen Mystery amp, CSP3 preamp, and a pair of Louis's Omega Super Alnico High Output 1.5 way-design tower speakers.  My son is getting the current set up, boy is he excited.

NB

OzarkTom

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2017, 06:24 pm »
Jim,

You will thoroughly enjoy the Decware - Omega combination.  I have a relatively small listening room 15.5' long x 13.5' wide x 7' high.  Tube heat from the amp (Decware SE84CS) is barely noticeable in summer, or winter for that matter.  I sit about 8' away from the speakers.

The low-powered SET amp with Omega Alnico hemp drivers sound incredibly realistic.  Very fast, with great tonality.  I liked this combination SO MUCH I recently ordered a Decware Zen Mystery amp, CSP3 preamp, and a pair of Louis's Omega Super Alnico High Output 1.5 way-design tower speakers.  My son is getting the current set up, boy is he excited.

NB

But what about me Dad? :cry:

nature boy

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2017, 08:39 pm »
Tom,

Sorry buddy.  Trying to instill a little of the audio bug in my son. 

NB

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2017, 01:05 am »
and a pair of Louis's Omega Super Alnico High Output 1.5 way-design tower speakers. 

NB

Impressions please, I have to wait later this year to get mine.

nature boy

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2017, 02:35 am »
Impressions please, I have to wait later this year to get mine.

Will do.  Birdseye Maple veneer front and rear with Cherry sides and top.  Louis is waiting on more drivers now to complete the speakers, cabinets are done.

NB