Cordless Drill Recommendations Please

srb

Re: Cordless Drill Recommendations Please
« Reply #40 on: 29 Nov 2016, 07:40 pm »
Lithium Ion (and most battery types) will have many more lifetime charge cycles proportionate to the depth of discharge.  The difference can be as much as 10X which can range from one or two hundred cycles up to several thousand cycles depending on the depth of discharge.

The best practices would be to charge and rotate after each short use session and for extended use sessions to swap/charge batteries after discharge to 90% - 70% capacity.

Steve

Don_S

« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2016, 07:49 pm »
Almost $400 for a single Rigid tool?   :scratch:

I don't care what kind of warranty there is, that is way too much.

There were tons of great Black Friday deals at a Depot for DeWalt, Mikita, and Milwaukee tools.  I should know...I bought a new hammer drill, impact driver, mitre saw, tile saw, circular saw, and oscillating tool.  All were discounted and I also got 24 months interest free.

George

George,  Read my post again.  $387 was the total of ALL my purchases.  That included a 6.5 HP, 16Gallon Rigid wet/dry vac plus accessories for it like extra filters. Then there were miscellaneous items of little interest. My total shopping list was about 20 items long.  My 10% discount coupon was for my total purchase.

You did well Grasshopper. Have fun with your new tools.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #42 on: 29 Nov 2016, 07:53 pm »
My bad Don...sorry about that.

Enjoy your drill.

BTW, I also grabbed that 16 gallon shop vac.   :thumb:

George

Don_S

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2016, 08:36 pm »
My bad Don...sorry about that.

Enjoy your drill.

BTW, I also grabbed that 16 gallon shop vac.   :thumb:

George

George,  The vac with the detachable blower?   The one I bought was not on special. It was $119. I missed it when it was $99 and included two free bags.

srb

« Reply #44 on: 29 Nov 2016, 09:11 pm »
For Ridgid Vac Owners:  I've been using the CleanStream filter which I've found to be much superior to the included and replacement filters by Ridgid.  CleanStream filters are manufactured by W.L. Gore, the inventor and manufacturer of Gore-Tex fabrics.

The CleanStream Wet/Dry filters

1.  Have a Gore-Tex outer covering
2.  Have a polyester inner covering
3.  Filter to .3 microns vs. .5 microns for Ridgid VF6000 filter
4.  Can be used wet or dry without needing to switch out to Ridgid VF7000 foam filter
5.  Release dirt much easier

Highly recommended!

Note:  If your Ridgid vacuum is not the newer QwikLock style you would need the CleanStream Classic filter version for older Ridgid models.

Steve