New lights for an old receiver, and one last road trip for a vintage turntable

fishmonster

You all did so well helping me with my Bozak speakers that I thought I'd go another round.  I have two pieces of old equipment that I am looking at and debating whether or not they are worth messing with.  I have an old Kenwood KR-4400 receiver that works well, but has two irritating problems.  One is that several of the lights have burned out, and I don't know if replacements are available any more.  The second problem is that I am getting the scratchies on the A speaker channel when the unit is just turned on or I change the volume.  Is age going to be a factor here, or will Deoxit overcome that and rejuvenate the contacts?

I also have a mid-1970s Garrard 86 SB Synchronus Belt Drive turntable.  It was in storage for years, so I know I am going to have to replace the belt.  But the bigger problem is that the magnets have separated from the motor shaft.  I also know it is nearly impossible to remount magnets on a motor, so I'm not even going that route.  But is it possible to find replacement motors (and drive belts) any more these days, or is this turntable ready for the heap?  It was a great turntable in its day, and I put a good cartridge and stylus on it but there are a lot of turntables out there once again and if that's the route to go, then that's what I'll do.

Thanks.