OB 7 plus pair for sale

Danny Richie

Re: OB 7 plus pair for sale
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2017, 07:22 pm »
Are the enclosures finished with real veneer or vinyl wrapping?

What wattage do the upper part need?

That is real Rosewood.

And anything over 8 or 10 watts will be fine.

AlexRivera

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jan 2017, 07:44 pm »
That is real Rosewood.

And anything over 8 or 10 watts will be fine.

Thanks Mr. Richie for the answer, basically I love the story and aesthetics of those speakers and I'd like to put them in my living room but I want to at first power them with a second zone of my Pioneer Elite SC-85 which will allow me to use most of the inputs and will output a couple of channels in stereo mode with 135 watts each, so I was wondering if that'd work fine.

Also, I'm not sure how long ago were these created but technology changes by the day, any mods/improvements Mr. Richie can foresee on this set?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Will2

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2017, 08:16 pm »
Hi - I'm in the Boston area and interested if they are close - would you mind sharing your post code?

Thanks
Will

outlawrocketman

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jan 2017, 08:17 pm »
Cool. 02766.

Captainhemo

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jan 2017, 04:54 am »
Are the enclosures finished with real veneer or vinyl wrapping?

What wattage do the upper part need?

when I had the OB7's,  I was driving them with a 7297  chip amp (rated  at 15 wpc but really about  10wpc of really  linear output)  in an  18 x 12  room,  easily enough   power....   great sounding speakers 

jay

outlawrocketman

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jan 2017, 07:24 pm »

A couple of photos by request.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jan 2017, 07:59 pm »
Those are beautiful!

Shakey

outlawrocketman

« Reply #27 on: 13 Feb 2017, 07:06 pm »
Deal of the decade?   Now $999.
I don't have the original boxes so still prefer local pickup, but freight is an option and I'll have to cobble together boxes for shipping if we go that route...

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #28 on: 13 Feb 2017, 07:53 pm »
These are very hi end speakers.  MA is too far to drive from Texas, but someone needs to jump all over this. 
For $1K???
Steal

outlawrocketman

« Reply #29 on: 13 Feb 2017, 07:58 pm »
Agreed S Clark.
I'm flying to Austin in March - maybe I could sneak them on in my luggage :-)

bdp24

« Reply #30 on: 13 Feb 2017, 08:01 pm »
Agreed S Clark.
I'm flying to Austin in March - maybe I could sneak them on in my luggage :-)

For South By Southwest? Wish I could attend this year, haven't done so in quite a while.

outlawrocketman

« Reply #31 on: 13 Feb 2017, 08:08 pm »
No, never been. Would like to though.  For a "high performance computing" conference I'm attending as a vendor (I work for Dell / EMC).

dvenardos

« Reply #32 on: 6 Jun 2017, 08:19 am »
I know you really don't want to ship, but I am interested.
How far from the wall do these need to be placed?
Shipping would be to 91360.

outlawrocketman

« Reply #33 on: 6 Jun 2017, 02:37 pm »
Hi dvenardos,
The shipping is about $800 (boxed, shrink wrapped onto a pallet). If you are interested I can get an exact price.
--Peter

outlawrocketman

« Reply #34 on: 3 Jul 2017, 07:29 pm »
Hey folks, some interest but the shipping price is dissuading any closing of a deal.
Dropping the price to $899, hoping that helps someone make the decision!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #35 on: 3 Jul 2017, 09:13 pm »
Hey folks, some interest but the shipping price is dissuading any closing of a deal.

This is dirt cheap.

AlexRivera

« Reply #36 on: 3 Jul 2017, 11:38 pm »

Have you meassured the final size and weight of the box(es)?
If so can you please let me know so I can look for a carrier?

Thanks

outlawrocketman

« Reply #37 on: 23 Jul 2017, 02:16 pm »
Thanks for the interest. The speakers are sold (and shipped to CA).

danvprod

« Reply #38 on: 28 Jul 2017, 01:18 am »
Glad you got these sold. They are beauties.

yarf

« Reply #39 on: 4 Oct 2017, 01:28 am »
Hi all,

While running the risk of resurrecting a two-month old thread, I thought it might be of interest for some to hear about what happened to these lovely speakers.

The packing company were helpful and efficient, and appeared to do a fine job etc. These were shipped across country on a pallet, in a robust box the size of a large refrigerator, stuffed with foam and other soft packing, and strapped down to the pallet. At some point during the journey either something very heavy fell onto the package (sufficient to break the pallet straps) or the entire package was slammed by something more robust than itself. The upshot is that the whole package seemingly fell over and sustained varying degrees of damage.

The shipping company (not the packing company) made a series of questionable excuses over a period of a week beyond scheduled delivery, as to why four arranged delivery dates went by without any sign of a truck showing up outside. Frustrating. When it did finally arrive the driver warned of damage incurred before he even opened the truck door.

After sending a ream of photos to the packing-company, they asked I open it up and inspect. Turns out the enclosures themselves luckily managed to escape notable damage, even though there were deep puncture holes in the packaging. On closer inspection it became clear several of the front woofers had suffered compression and one was torn, after (it would seem) the entire package had fallen over.

Keep in mind the package weighed more than 320lbs.

I called Danny to order replacements for the upper 2 woofers on both speakers as they showed the most obvious damage, and upon receipt of those compared the shape and extent of the replacement woofer-surround to the originals. Turned out all had suffered sufficient compression as to warrant a replacement of those remaining, and thankfully the tweeters were undamaged. Danny was super helpful, BTW, and shipped things out rapidly.

I replaced the damaged woofers and these do sound entirely awesome ... just amazing. So it all ends well. Oh! The enclosures themselves are a work of art, IMO.

Last but not least: kudos to the OP for being so helpful in getting them to the packing company.