Medical Marijuana in California

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Medical Marijuana in California
« on: 2 Jul 2016, 08:06 pm »
California was the first state in the United States to legally recognize that marijuana has significant medical value. Since 1996, marijuana has not been viewed as a 'recreational drug', but a viable, necessary, and effective drug for a host of maladies, wherein empirical evidence shows that  laboratory produced substitutes simply do not work.

Here is a link to the California Department of Public Health website as it relates to medical marijuana: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/MMP/Pages/default.aspx.

In the twenty years that have passed since this Act was passed, 24 other states, and the District of Columbia have recognized that marijuana is not a "recreational drug", and have passed legislation to make the possession and use of the drug medicinally permissible, and prescribable from licensed medical doctors.

I object to the cannabinoids topic that was 'binned. The action did not follow Site policy, nor was it the least bit objective. Lastly, important questions regarding this Circle were not addressed in a proper manner.

Respectfully,

Jerry

adminRH

• Admin
Re: Medical Marijuana in California
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2016, 08:19 pm »
Admins are reviewing this subject with regard to site policy.

This is a holiday weekend in US, so there may not be an immediate resolution. Please be patient.

Thank you!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2016, 08:20 pm »
Thank you, Rich. No rush, no worries, and I sincerely apologize.

Dmason

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2016, 08:39 pm »
Cannabinoids by all means should be included in Health and Fitness discussions. Forget the stoner association, which is old, and is naive... that is just ONE aspect of this topic. Cannabis is yet one more plant that, from a clinical perspective, is almost too good to  be true.

I could bury this thread under anecdotes regarding therapeutic use of cannabinoids, drawing from at least FIVE medical specialties, relating the amazing restorative properties of various cannabinoids.

The only reason pot is or was, illegal in the US is thanks to the DuPont lobby, who wanted to eradicate hemp from the cordage business, as they held the patent on NYLON.

Dan Mason MD

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2016, 09:26 pm »
And yet the U.S. Navy still uses hemp line and hawsers.

Doc

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2016, 09:28 pm »
Cannabinoids by all means should be included in Health and Fitness discussions. Forget the stoner association, which is old, and is naive... that is just ONE aspect of this topic. Cannabis is yet one more plant that, from a clinical perspective, is almost too good to  be true.

I could bury this thread under anecdotes regarding therapeutic use of cannabinoids, drawing from at least FIVE medical specialties, relating the amazing restorative properties of various cannabinoids.

The only reason pot is or was, illegal in the US is thanks to the DuPont lobby, who wanted to eradicate hemp from the cordage business, as they held the patent on NYLON.

Dan Mason MD

And on cotton.

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2016, 09:31 pm »
Rick Simpson has cured over 5000 cancer victims with his cannibis oil recipe and has never received a dime. Drug cartel hates cannobis.

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/rick-simpson.html

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2016, 09:39 pm »
Rick Simpson has cured over 5000 cancer victims with his cannibis oil recipe and has never received a dime. Drug cartel hates cannobis.

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/rick-simpson.html

This one bugs me as my sister recently passed from cancer. Her daughter spent quite a bit of money on this "cure" after researching alternatives to the docs. Total waste.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2016, 09:43 pm »
This one bugs me as my sister recently passed from cancer. Her daughter spent quite a bit of money on this "cure" after researching alternatives to the docs. Total waste.

I'm sorry for your loss.

However, a discussion of your sister's path should be a welcomed discussion.

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jul 2016, 09:49 pm »

Since chemo is mustard gas from WWI, I will take my chances on alternative treatments. I have seen to many friends die from the chemo and radiation. There is also the carrot juicing diet, the Gerson therapy, and oxygen therapy and others that have cured cancer. Since 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of three women are getting cancer these days, if I ever get it I will try as many of these cures that I can, just no chemo.

rbbert

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jul 2016, 11:31 pm »
Since chemo is mustard gas from WWI, I will take my chances on alternative treatments. I have seen to many friends die from the chemo and radiation. There is also the carrot juicing diet, the Gerson therapy, and oxygen therapy and others that have cured cancer. Since 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of three women are getting cancer these days, if I ever get it I will try as many of these cures that I can, just no chemo.

Chemotherapy has cured millions of cancers and ameliorated millions more.  Everyone is free to make their own choices but it appears you could stand to do a bit more research in this area before it becomes a critical decison in your life.  Just trying to be helpful.

JoshK

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jul 2016, 11:34 pm »
I'd opt for chemo.   Saved my best friend's life. 

raov1

« Reply #12 on: 3 Jul 2016, 12:20 am »
Tryin not to derail a thread!

Oncology has progressed beyond the "mustard gas" few decades ago! Now cancer therapy can personalized to individual cancer type and subtype.

Hate to loose lives because of this old misconception!

Best,
VJ

OzarkTom

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jul 2016, 01:05 am »
Chemotherapy has cured millions of cancers and ameliorated millions more.  Everyone is free to make their own choices but it appears you could stand to do a bit more research in this area before it becomes a critical decison in your life.  Just trying to be helpful.

I have studied this the last ten years, lost four close friends in the last four years,my wife lost a niece and two friends in the last three years and they were all on chemo. Three of her friends are sill alive but suffers from chemo brain, not good.

Wife also says no chemo for her. In a fairly recent article in  Reader's Digest, it said many cancer survivors are getting cancer again from the chemo and radiation they take.

Cannabis Oil Cures 3 Year Old Boy Of Cancer After Doctors Gave Him 48 Hours To Live

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/10/oil-cures-3-year-old-boy-of-cancer-after-doctors-gave-him-48-hours-to-live/

bummrush

« Reply #14 on: 3 Jul 2016, 02:28 am »
Go the website  ASA  Americans for safe access  and find article, you can download, one of the finest papers and facts,with copies going to Congress amony others.  Basically saying the war on cannibus has been a failure,

srb

« Reply #15 on: 3 Jul 2016, 03:13 am »
I was treated with radiation for a high-success rate curable type of cancer.  Interesting that something that can cause cancer can also help eradicate it.

Radiation therapy usually causes major nausea, particularly in the 24-48 hours after treatment.  The prescribed remedy for nausea was the drug compazine.  It was maybe 50% effective against the nausea, but with an overall "uncomfortably weird" feeling it also caused in me the side effects of constipation and insomnia.

After the first week, I decided to try marijuana as I had heard much talk about its supposed anti-nausea properties.  I have to say I was surprised and thrilled at how well it worked, almost completely negating the nausea with no discernible side effects.  That was my drug of choice for the duration (5 more weeks) of the radiation treatments.

Although it's a single anecdotal story, and certainly making no claims that it can cure a disease, I became a believer in its anti-nausea use, and feel there's probably some merit in some of its other claimed therapeutic applications such as reducing certain types of pain and reducing eye pressure in glaucoma cases.

Steve

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #16 on: 3 Jul 2016, 03:24 am »
I can testify that it works to alleviate nausea associated with motion sickness such as seasickness.

vonnie123

« Reply #17 on: 3 Jul 2016, 03:39 am »
CBDs are a good thing with some great medicinal benefits. 

vonnie123

« Reply #18 on: 3 Jul 2016, 03:47 am »

Chemo is not for everyone.  Look for immunotherapies to move forward in the next five to ten years.  Chemo and radiation can work, but they can also kill the patient.  It's an important decision, and one that should be reasearched carefully.  One commonality is oncologists try to move fast, and get the patient into treatment ASAP, when generally speaking most cancers are slow growing.  It probably took 3 to 5 years for that tumor to announce itself.  A couple of weeks to research your options is time well spent.
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2016, 05:16 am by vonnie123 »

bummrush

« Reply #19 on: 3 Jul 2016, 01:00 pm »
Cbdis fine but whole  plant needs to not be forgotten.