Looking to borrow Bel Canto remote control

Jdee

Looking to borrow Bel Canto remote control
« on: 9 Apr 2016, 06:53 pm »
Not sure if there's a better place for this weird question, but... Is there anyone who is in a position to lend me a Bel Canto remote control that would control the s300iP integrated amp? The model on the right is the one I have, but either of the other two should do the trick, too.

Two Duracell AA's in my remote decided to spontaneously rupture the other day, and I have been unable to restore the remote control to working order. I'd like to replace it with a Logitech Harmony remote, but apparently getting the Harmony to work with Bel Canto is tough sledding, despite the fact that Logitech has BC settings in its database, unless you use the original BC remote to teach the Harmony. (I borrowed a Harmony 650 to try it out, and my lack of success with my s300iP corroborated what I had read online.)

I would love to get my hands on a working Bel Canto remote for a brief period. I would certainly pay for the shipping and do something else, like buy you a recording, to express my appreciation.

Thanks,
Jay

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Looking to borrow Bel Canto remote control
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2016, 03:08 pm »
Hello, Jay.

Have you tried contacting Bel Canto customer support? They may have a solution to your remote problem. They may also be happy to sell you another remote.
http://www.belcantodesign.com/home/support/

Best of luck.

Michael

Jdee

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2016, 06:46 pm »
Thanks, Michael.

Yes, I've asked Bel Canto about the availability and price of a replacement RC but haven't heard back from them yet. (On a related thread on AGon, it sounded like Bel Canto had told the poster he'd have to look for a replacement RC for a Pre2 on the used market, but I'll find out for myself.) I was taking the demise of my BC RC as an opportunity to switch to a universal RC and didn't really want to buy a BC unit just to teach a universal RC. But we'll see where this goes.

Jay

Jdee

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2016, 09:05 pm »
Just back to report that Bel Canto can sell me a replacement remote control. The counter-indication I got from another conversation was off-base. It's kind of expensive, considering I will use it to teach a universal remote control before putting it away as a backup, but I'd be stuck without it.

[Added 4/15: Also, Duracell is going to reimburse me for half the cost of the new remote, plus give me a coupon for a pack of fresh batteries. If the batteries that went bad had been newer, they would have covered the whole cost of the remote.]
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2016, 11:46 pm by Jdee »

hifinutt

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2017, 06:45 pm »
now hope you are sorted but out of all the remotes I have had I love the bel canto remote on the right . its superb , I have had mine for several years and its so easy to use and reliable .