Nimbus White listening session...in Michigan, with Ryan and Pete!!!

EdRo

Hey guys. Ryan Scott and Pete Schumacher will be in town (Oakland County) March 19th for a Nimbus White listening party. The silver set that were reviewed by Doug Schroeder for Dagogo will be on hand. The listening will be done in a purpose built audio room, in a newly constructed home. Anyone interested in attending can p.m. me for more details. My award wining chili and smoked pulled pork sliders will be on hand for attendees, and maybe some adult beverages? So, if anyone in the Michigan/Ohio/Chicago/Toronto area were ever interested in hearing some of the best Vapor has to offer in a wonderful listening environment, (not to mention the good company :wink:) now's your chance!

Gopher

Sounds like an awesome event, Ed.  Wish I were local to party with you guys.  Those silver Nimbus' were killer at RMAF--I'm sure they'll sound fantastic at your party!  I know I enjoy my "baby Nimubus" (Uber Auroras) almost daily.

Have fun!

NOS Valves

• http://www.NOSValves.com
I'm in PM sent...

EdRo

Hey guys. I thought I'd pass on some of the equipment in the homeowners system. He uses a Belle's 350A reference amp, Wyred 4 Sound dac 2, Canare cabling, and Salk ht3 speakers. He mentioned having a Rega up and running, too. Ryan has a fairly exhaustive song list on hard drives, so we should have just about anything anyone might want to hear and hear it through either Salk ht3s or Nimbus Whites! Should be fun!

Folsom

Pics, always pics.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Looking forward to hearing the setup, and hanging out with everyone.  Here's hoping for good weather! 

I'm sure I'll bring some other goodies, first thought is my LampizatOr L4 with a few upgrades.  I imagine most would be interested in hearing it.  We don't want to plan much in the way of gear swapping though, that eats up a day quickly. 

Maybe I could bring the measurement gear and give a quick tutorial on how to easily analyze and improve the room/speaker interface. 

We also have a few speakers that are available immediately.  If a Detroit buyer wants a deal with free shipping and free in-room setup, contact me for details.  Right now we have Derecho, Cirrus Black, Stiff Breeze, and an Arcus that could be delivered during the March 19th weekend. 

This is the pair we'll be listening too at the event:

Folsom

I hear what you're saying about not swapping a lot of gear... But what if I sent my much upgraded amp for a listen?  :thumb:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
I hear what you're saying about not swapping a lot of gear... But what if I sent my much upgraded amp for a listen?  :thumb:

We might be able to make it happen.  It's hard for me to say, this is another person's home, so ultimately it would be up to them. 

It would be fun to watch it drive the Nimbus with ease, then compare to the almost 10db less sensitive HT3's.

hdspeakerman

Beautiful speaker!

Folsom

It sounds like it has significantly more power now. In fact one person claims it sounds more powerful than 250w from a Bryston.

Well, anyway, let me know, or put me in contact with the fellow; to be cordial.

dex67

i'm jealous...when are we doing something similar in my house? :)

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
i'm jealous...when are we doing something similar in my house? :)

Now that I'm nearly healed up, I can start thinking about it again.  Realistically though it'll be after Axpona, and I really don't want to visit NY area in the winter. 

dex67

sounds good. i might be at Axpona as well

Gopher

I really don't want to visit NY area in the winter.

Why not?  Its 50 degrees out and sunny here on Long Island.  I'm planning on firing up the grill to night.

EdRo

FIRE IT UP, BRO-HAM!!!!! I'm on my way. :P

EdRo

Ok, guys. If anyone is interested in hearing Nimbus in a purpose built audio room in a home environment, this is your chance! The start time for the listening session will be at 1 p.m. this coming Saturday, March 19th, and it'll go through 5 p.m. The list of equipment being used will be a Belles 350A reference amp and Wyred 4 sound DAC2. The homeowner also has a set of Salk HT3 speakers that may be compared against my Nimbus if anyone would be so inclined. If anyone is interested, p.m. me and I'll get you the address. Feel free to bring friends! Just give me a final head count so I can have enough chairs available. (and chili, and pulled pork, and beer...)
     This is my first "listening session", so if anyone has suggestions, please feel free to drop me a line! I'm looking forward to a great time!

PEACE!!
Ed

EdRo

All right guys. It's time to get the Boston butt smoked up for the Nimbus listening session tomorrow. I'd also like to thank the guys from the audio club RAM for offering numerous phono options to allow us to listen to vinyl during the session. Thanks to Jeff, Thomas and Fish for the help!!!

Between the music and the pulled pork, it's promising to be a great day!

roscoeiii

Look forward to pics and impressions.

Gopher

Ditto.  How was it, Ed?   

You guys still rocking out?

EdRo

It was a great time! A very diverse music selection was played. I heard orchestral pieces followed by Rage Against the Machine. From blues and acoustic jazz to Tool. Add smoked pulled pork and craft beer, and I don't know if it could have been better. Thanks to Scott, the host. He opened his home and system to strangers. Good times, and a big thanks to RAM for all the music!