I bet I can make your speakers sound better.

chip

Re: I bet I can make your speakers sound better.
« Reply #100 on: 9 Feb 2017, 08:57 pm »
yeah I had the ninja upgrade on the ref 1.5s I had ....loved it.

Danny Richie

« Reply #101 on: 10 Feb 2017, 12:03 am »
Danny,

Are you able to create an upgraded crossover for the old Reference 1 center channel like what Sean at Skiing Ninja used to have?  I have Ninja'd Reference 1 bookshelf mains with his best crossover (I forget the term) with Sonicap Platinum bypass caps and No Rez.  I'd love to get something that matches for a cheap center channel I just picked up. 

Thanks!
Robert

I think the Ref 1 Center was actually the same speaker as the Ref 2 floor standing model. It was just in a smaller cabinet on it's side.

And yes, I designed all new networks for those models.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #102 on: 10 Feb 2017, 02:53 am »
I think the Ref 1 Center was actually the same speaker as the Ref 2 floor standing model. It was just in a smaller cabinet on it's side.

And yes, I designed all new networks for those models.

Is it best to call and discuss upgrades for the Reference 1 center or is that ok in here?

Thanks!
Robert

Danny Richie

« Reply #103 on: 10 Feb 2017, 03:01 am »
Is it best to call and discuss upgrades for the Reference 1 center or is that ok in here?

Thanks!
Robert

Either is fine.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #104 on: 10 Feb 2017, 07:35 pm »
Either is fine.

Thanks Danny!

I'm looking for something sonically the same or similar to the high-end crossovers that Sean had for the Reference series to match what I have now.  I don't recall the specific network components unfortunately other than i paid extra for a Sonicap platinum bypass.  I also put NoRez in them as well.  I'd love to pick up similar crossovers with Sonicap platinum bypasses and NoRez.

Thanks!
Robert

Danny Richie

« Reply #105 on: 10 Feb 2017, 07:43 pm »
Thanks Danny!

I'm looking for something sonically the same or similar to the high-end crossovers that Sean had for the Reference series to match what I have now.  I don't recall the specific network components unfortunately other than i paid extra for a Sonicap platinum bypass.  I also put NoRez in them as well.  I'd love to pick up similar crossovers with Sonicap platinum bypasses and NoRez.

Thanks!
Robert

No problem. I supplied all of that stuff for Sean. I have it all in stock.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #106 on: 11 Feb 2017, 12:14 am »
No problem. I supplied all of that stuff for Sean. I have it all in stock.

Is it possible to buy an assembled upgraded crossovers?  I can solder enough to hook it up but am to shakey to assemble one thanks to a neurological disorder. Obviously I know that would cost more.

Thanks!
Robert

Danny Richie

« Reply #107 on: 11 Feb 2017, 01:00 am »
Is it possible to buy an assembled upgraded crossovers?  I can solder enough to hook it up but am to shakey to assemble one thanks to a neurological disorder. Obviously I know that would cost more.

Thanks!
Robert

Yeah, I can do that also.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #108 on: 12 Feb 2017, 06:12 pm »
Yeah, I can do that also.

Thanks Danny!  PM sent!

Robert

jpm

« Reply #109 on: 8 Jul 2017, 05:39 pm »
Danny - have you ever explored inside the KEF LS50 to see if they're holding anything back?

OzarkTom

« Reply #110 on: 8 Jul 2017, 06:51 pm »
Danny - have you ever explored inside the KEF LS50 to see if they're holding anything back?

A crossover change would help, but the Omega 3HO Monitor's sounds better for slightly less money

Danny Richie

« Reply #111 on: 9 Jul 2017, 02:30 am »

I have not.

But don't expect high end components at that price point. So the chance for improvements are high.

ZimAhUm

• Restricted
« Reply #112 on: 2 Feb 2018, 08:03 am »
Introducing the level 1 upgrade package.

This improves any speaker, and is easy for the owner to perform the upgrade themselves.

1) Replace the binding posts with tube connectors. You can even leave your old binding posts and just parallel them to a set of tube connectors. The tube connectors mount easily through any cabinet wall regardless of the thickness. You simply drill a 7/16" diameter hole for each connector. The improvement over typical binding post cups is pretty significant with a level of clarity across the board. http://gr-research.com/electracabletubeconnectors.aspx  Even if you are using some of the highest quality binding posts on the market there is still improvement to be had by going to tube connectors.

This is interesting and something I would try with my speakers.  They have awful, cheap binding posts.  Do you have any photos of a step by step installation of these or a manual of some kind?  I know each speaker would be different, but just wondering how most people do this.  Thanks for any info  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #113 on: 2 Feb 2018, 02:18 pm »
This is interesting and something I would try with my speakers.  They have awful, cheap binding posts.  Do you have any photos of a step by step installation of these or a manual of some kind?  I know each speaker would be different, but just wondering how most people do this.  Thanks for any info  :D

Yes: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=94014.0

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #115 on: 2 Feb 2018, 04:49 pm »
Here is a project Danny did with Behringer speakers that is still available for auditioning. They are somewhere in the cosmos. 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=87808.0

ZimAhUm

• Restricted
« Reply #116 on: 5 Feb 2018, 08:41 am »
Here is a project Danny did with Behringer speakers that is still available for auditioning. They are somewhere in the cosmos. 

Cool, thanks  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #117 on: 5 Feb 2018, 02:55 pm »

I've still got them. Maybe we can find a new group of flat earth guys to send them around to.

neekomax

« Reply #118 on: 6 Feb 2018, 03:03 am »
I've still got them. Maybe we can find a new group of flat earth guys to send them around to.

Hmm, well, I don't know if I qualify as a 'flat-earther', but I certainly have my doubts about whether unmeasured/ unmeasurable things can be audible, and therefore a difference-making factor in audio gear. Is there a third camp between the true believers and flat earthers... say, the unwashed agnostics?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #119 on: 6 Feb 2018, 03:25 am »
Is there a third camp between the true believers and flat earthers... say, the unwashed agnostics?
There's always a place for those seeking auditory enlightenment.  Whether physical, metaphysical, or simply delusional, if you can hear it, then it's valid for you.  A key epiphany is when you realize that just because you can't hear it, that doesn't mean others can't.