« Reply #60 on: 16 Feb 2015, 02:38 am »
If anyone is going to pre-order feel free to use my code to help me out.   :D
https://www.eero.com/?ct-referral-code=wuiMQNP9
Just over five hours to Pre-Order! 

tvyankee

Re: Eero Router
« Reply #61 on: 19 Feb 2015, 11:33 pm »
Hey,

Just read something today that they said they got a reply from EERO and they said that everything runs thru there servers. So i guess they will be doing some serious Gold Mining. Also if it goes down you may too. Hope they stay in Biz

"All device management (aside from initial set up) is done using our cloud services."

Just thought i would pass it along.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #62 on: 20 Feb 2015, 12:53 am »
Hey,

Just read something today that they said they got a reply from EERO and they said that everything runs thru there servers. So i guess they will be doing some serious Gold Mining. Also if it goes down you may too. Hope they stay in Biz

"All device management (aside from initial set up) is done using our cloud services."

Just thought i would pass it along.
Yep, he (Nick) has mentioned this before as I have earlier.  Not worried about it. 

tvyankee

« Reply #63 on: 20 Feb 2015, 03:11 am »
Oh. Ok. Didn't see where you wrote that. Maybe since I didn't see it either did other people .

Thanks

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: 20 Feb 2015, 03:22 am »
Oh. Ok. Didn't see where you wrote that. Maybe since I didn't see it either did other people .

Thanks
Bottom line they only monitor the Mbit usage (which your ISP does).  The below is from the firmware engineer at eero. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/gadgets/comments/2un0pb/eero_thinks_its_tiny_box_can_fix_all_your_wifi/

tvyankee

« Reply #65 on: 20 Feb 2015, 04:29 am »
I guess since the engineer said it it must be true.I don't think I need 2 people watching my bandwidth I think 1 is enough.

I think my problem with this for me is this stuff has been around for a while and it really never took off and I guess I don't think it will be any better now then it was before Since the way they are doing it. They are going thru the cloud and if there servers going down or they go out of biz and don't keep the servers running your out. Not to mention the fact you spent a good amount of money.

People say all kinds of things including myself doesn't make any of it true.

I guess we agree to disagree.

cab

« Reply #66 on: 20 Feb 2015, 01:43 pm »
Yeah, they only monitor bandwidth. What will the CIA and NSA be monitoring?

GentleBender

« Reply #67 on: 20 Feb 2015, 02:00 pm »
Another entity to monitor my traffic, awesome! Surely no bad could come from that, I should trust that companies will do the right thing, like Lenovo. :roll:  I couldn't even trust it now if they had an opt out. It is not that I don't trust the company entirely, I don't trust that their security will prevent hackers from exploiting it later on. All these cheap devices that connect to your network worry me. They almost never update security and I doubt much money is spent on security during development. Just a copy & paste of what is industry standard bare minimum stuff I bet. Not saying that is what Eero uses, but all these "smart" TVs, network HDD and HDD sharing routers. The problem is most people never even log into the router or device to setup security and change default passwords since they don't know anything about it. Not to mention all the new gadgets like lights, thermostats and refrigerators that connect to your network which create even more surface area for hackers to attack.  :o I know it sounds paranoid, but everyone has their own comfort levels with security. I'm no security expert, but cautious. I won't be purchasing any "smart" TV that has camera or mic, there are much bigger problems when I get to be too lazy to use a remote.

tvyankee

« Reply #68 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:56 pm »
Hey,

Just wanted to check back in with this to see how the EERO thing is going?

Thanks

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel

tvyankee

« Reply #70 on: 14 Sep 2015, 03:10 pm »
Seems like a long time to wait. But if its half as good as they say it may be worth the wait i guess,.

Good luck,

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #71 on: 14 Sep 2015, 03:12 pm »
Seems like a long time to wait. But if its half as good as they say it may be worth the wait i guess,.

Good luck,
I'm happy to wait if it does what I hope and soon enough will find out.

cliffy

« Reply #73 on: 12 Jan 2016, 06:12 pm »
Latest update I received was mid-late February 2016 shipping.

I am (not-so) patiently waiting for my 3-pack.

Fingers crossed the delivery timing doesn't slip again.

Cliffy

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #74 on: 12 Jan 2016, 07:42 pm »
Yes, they said Feb for sure on FB..

Philistine

« Reply #75 on: 26 Feb 2016, 08:49 pm »
Anyone receive these yet, if so how are they working?

I didn't participate in the startup campaign,no dead spots with an Airport Time Capsule, but always interested in maximizing the internet speed I pay for. 

cliffy

« Reply #76 on: 26 Feb 2016, 09:30 pm »
I received my 3 pack earlier this week and have used 2 of the routers in my home for the last few days.

So far so good.  No drops and super easy to set-up. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #77 on: 17 Nov 2016, 10:49 pm »
I've been very happy with my 6 Eero routers.  I was happy to see that they got even better today. 

https://blog.eero.com/the-worlds-smartest-wifi-system-just-got-smarter-73888c4716e4#.j0q3l68c3