MAAC Summer Meet

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: MAAC Summer Meet
« Reply #40 on: 25 Aug 2014, 02:59 pm »
Jon,

Thanks for hosting.  It's amazing you have so many excellent systems all over the house.  My favorite of course is your basement setup with the Conrad Johnson ET5 Preamp and LP125SA+ Amp, the Auralic Vega DAC, the Magnepan 1.7 and REL T9 Sub.

Upstairs in your living room it was a treat to hear the Oppo 105D modded by Bill Thalman and the TEAC Reference 501 DAC + Integrated Amp + CD Player. And of course it was good to hear the Quad 57s and Vandersteen 2 speakers in your attic.

Good pizza, good beer, great wine and good friends was the perfect way to spend the Sunday. :D

Thanks for coming over.  If you like as another Magnefan you're welcome over for another visit to have a more calm listening experience - ply AC'ers w/ scotch and we all start shouting at each other  :lol:

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #41 on: 25 Aug 2014, 03:01 pm »
Likewise!  Thanks Jon!  I had a great time and it was fun to meet you and some of the others in the gang!  Sorry I had to bug out early. I'll volunteer to host the next one at my place in Falls Church. Any suggestions on when?  I am fairly flexible this fall except for the first two weekends in October - I'll be out of town. 

Best,
Rob

Hey Rob : thanks for coming over.  As you'll notice from Roscoe's new thread, he's planning one for end of September.  So maybe end of October would be the next best earliest time?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #42 on: 25 Aug 2014, 03:37 pm »
Thanks for hosting, Jon.  It was a hoot.  I started to compare the Schiite Valhalla and TEAC HA-P50 with the BD T1.  I will let you know what I hear.  I am coming directly out of EMM DAC2x running J River for all the hi rez fomats for one set up and stock ipod touch (latest) for the other.   

Good seeing y'all. :thumb:

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #43 on: 25 Aug 2014, 11:03 pm »
Thanks for hosting, Jon.  It was a hoot.  I started to compare the Schiite Valhalla and TEAC HA-P50 with the BD T1.  I will let you know what I hear.  I am coming directly out of EMM DAC2x running J River for all the hi rez fomats for one set up and stock ipod touch (latest) for the other.   

Good seeing y'all. :thumb:

Hey Rim : glad you could make it!

That's some stiff competition for the TEAC HA-P50!  I see the TEAC as a more for on an on-the-road rig to improve vs stock i-device or maybe bedside vs a full blown TOTL desktop personal listening rig.  Will be interested in your listening impressions.