Shipping overseas (Singapore) for Eilish

Cephas Chan

« on: 11 Jun 2004, 03:28 am »
Hi Mike,

I like to know the total cost to ship over to Singapore.

Currently setting up my new system consisting Densen 200/300xs, Vincent S3 CDP & the Eilish!!! :lol:

Shamrock Audio

Re: Shipping overseas (Singapore) for Eilish
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2004, 05:36 am »
Quote from: Cephas Chan
Hi Mike,

Currently setting up my new system consisting Densen 200/300xs, Vincent S3 CDP & the Eilish!!! :lol:

Hi Cephas,

Well, I'll do my best, but it won't be cheap no matter what we do. :(

I'll need to know whether you want the stand-mounted or floorstanding Eilish, and I'll need a zip code. I can then get you an estimate of the shipping charges, although I'm not sure how accurate it will be in the end. They call them estimates for a reason.  :wink:

Cephas Chan

Re: Shipping overseas (Singapore) for Eilish
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2004, 05:56 am »
Quote from: Shamrock Audio
Hi Mike,

Hi Cephas,

Well, I'll do my best, but it won't be cheap no matter what we do. :(

I'll need to know whether you want the stand-mounted or floorstanding Eilish, and I'll need a zip code. I can then get you an estimate of the shipping charges, although I'm not sure how accurate it will be in the end. They call them estimates for a reason.  :wink:

Hi mike,

Thanks for ur prompt reply. My Singapore zip code is 520453. I need the stand-mounted Eilish. Hoping that the FTA agreement between Singapore & America can help to reduce the tax cost.... :lol:

Cephas Chan

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2004, 06:20 am »
Hi Mike,

Do you consider the Eilish is a fast speaker?

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2004, 06:17 pm »
Hi Mike,

Do you consider the Eilish is a fast speaker?

That depends on whether we ship by boat or air.  :mrgreen:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2004, 06:39 am »
I'll say one thing.....Mike makes a great shipping crate !!!  8)
    (and some pretty great speakers too!!) :D [/list:u]

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2004, 03:51 pm »
Gee, maybe we should just sell our shipping crates. :)

Well Cephas, I'm still looking into shipping costs. So far, it appears that it will cost you nearly as much to ship them as it will to buy them. This is where having an importer in Singapore would benefit both of us. Unfortunately, we don't have a distributor there. :(

Right now it appears that you could figure on it costing what you spend to purchase the speakers to ship them, and be fairly close.  :roll:

Emil

Crates
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2004, 04:49 pm »
Hi Mike
Do you find the need for wooden crates necessary? Im sure it adds more to the cost.

Any word on the pricing of your floor standing speakers?

Lonewolf
Did your Shamrocks replace the Mirages or are use using them in a second system?

Shamrock Audio

Re: Crates
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2004, 05:24 pm »
Quote from: Emil
Hi Mike
Do you find the need for wooden crates necessary? Im sure it adds more to the cost.

Lonewolf
Did your Shamrocks replace the Mirages or are use using them in a second system?

Hi Emil,

The whole point of wooden crates is to ensure their safe arrival at your door. At some point we'll have to change this, but for now it seems a worthwhile expense. Remember the shippers motto: If we can damage it, you didn't pack it right. :roll:

The floorstanding Eilish is ready to go. You have your choice of oak, cherry, or walnut veneer. The dimensions are 36.5" X 7" X 9.5". The bottom panel is removeable so you can fill it with sand, gravel, lead, or concrete as desired. The speakers include 5/8" cones (x4), to support the speaker. Initial pricing will be $650 including domestic shipping. We may need to adjust that price a bit, but will hold it at least through the end of June.

It seems appropriate to name the floorstander differently. After-all, they really are speakers intended for different applications. Nevertheless, I'll make a modification to our online ordering system so that you may select the floorstanding option when placing your order for the Eilish speakers.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Crates
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2004, 03:00 am »
Quote from: Emil
Hi Mike

Lonewolf
Hello Emil,
    Wood crates necessary ? I'd say yes....I know a few delivery guys, ...YES ....read some threads about how other companies speakers arrived at the customers door. You need all the protection you can get...TRUST ME !![/list:u]
      The Keelin's....an excellent speaker by the way, are being used in a second system. The Mirage M-3's are in my main system. I also own a pair of Green Mountain Europa's and a pair of Von Schweikert VR-1's. I do prefer the Keelin's over those other monitor speakers(Europa's and VR-1's). One more time and IMO....the Keelin's are an excellent speaker for the money...and they look pretty good too !!! :D [/list:u]
http://www.shamrockaudio.com/keelin.htm[/list:u]

Cephas Chan

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2004, 01:06 am »
Quote from: Shamrock Audio
Gee, maybe we should just sell our shipping crates. :)

Well Cephas, I'm still looking into shipping costs. So far, it appears that it will cost you nearly as much to ship them as it will to buy them. This is where having an importer in Singapore would benefit both of us. Unfortunately, we don't have a distributor there. :(

Right now it appears that you could figure on it costing what you spend to purchase the speakers to ship them, and be fairly close.  :roll:

In that case, I will be looking for other alternative. The shipping cost is killing me softly.......... :cry:
Thanks.

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2004, 03:43 pm »
Hi Cephas,

I understand. Estimates were about $400 US, and I expect there to be additional charges at both ends. That's why importers are such a valuable resource in their markets. We would be pleased to work with your local importer.

Best regards,