SOLD! FS: Bryston BCD-1 Disc Player and BP-26 Dual Chassis Preamp

AxiomAcoustics

• "I'll play it and tell you what it is later."
Also posted in the "Amplification" section.

I'm selling my 3 year old Bryston BP-26 Line Stage and BCD-1 CD Player either separately or together, depending on what one wants and/or offers. Both of these components just turned 3 years old which means that the Preamp still has 17 years of factory-warranty left and the CD player still has 2 years of factory warranty left. More than most new players. I've got the original boxes, power cords, packaging etc.

I would rank these pieces at 9+ out of 10 as they have been handled with kid gloves at all times and have resided in a smoke, pet and child-free environment since their arrival. I purchased these brand new. All unused connections have been covered with Cardas Caps so those are in as-new condition as well, no grunge or dust build up.

The Preamp is the top of the Bryston line and specs can be found here:
http://www.bryston.com/products/pre_amps/BP26.html

The Preamp features the MPS2 outboard high current power supply which can also power other Bryston components such as their Phono Stage. Specs here:
http://www.bryston.com/products/other/MPS-2.html

CD Player was a Class A rated component for several years in Stereophile. Specs here:
http://www.bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300014[BCD1].pdf

All units have a silver 17" faceplate. The Pre comes with it's bench test chart as well. Both are highly regarded and the CD player has won numerous accolades in the audio press.

BP-26 w/MPS2 Power Supply:

CDP:

Retail on the BP-26 with the MPS2 Power Supply is $4690, selling price is $2500 obo. The CD Player retail was $3200, selling price is $1600. Again, 17 years left on the Pre warranty and 2 on the CDP warranty. If you are interested or would like more info please PM me. All will ship in factory packaging with manuals etc from Eugene OR. Pickup is cool too.

I'd love to sell all three components at once so if interested please feel free to discuss a "package deal" with me.

Thanks for checking this out!
 :thumb:

« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2015, 06:01 pm by AxiomAcoustics »

AxiomAcoustics

Re: FS: Bryston BCD-1 Disc Player and BP-26 Dual Chassis Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2015, 11:48 pm »
A "price check" update. In looking at Audiogon there are three BCD-1's currently listed, all selling for $1200-1300. The $1200 listings specify some scratches and the other is listed as "looks fine", which seems a slightly negative comment.

While my listing at $1500 seems reasonable for the condition I'm happy to discuss pricing below this number AND, am willing to offer a very good deal for both the Preamp and CDP. Let's discuss if interested. Thanx.

AxiomAcoustics

Re: FS: Bryston BCD-1 Disc Player and BP-26 Dual Chassis Preamp
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2015, 04:20 pm »
PRICE REDUCTION: Ok, the new components are in-place and these guys need a good home.

BP26 w/MPS2 Power Supply: Was $2500, now $2200
BCD-1 CD Player: Was $1600, now $1100
Buy both for $3000!

Fantastic deal for the age and condition of these components. Thanx!

AxiomAcoustics

Wow, with all the Bryston fans here, not a single bite. No interest at any price?

2gumby2