California Audio Show is on again, 2017

RPM123

California Audio Show is on again, 2017
« on: 1 Feb 2017, 01:19 am »
FYI - Hope this one is a success! Received an email notice today.

California Audio Show is on again!
7/28 - 7/30/ 2017

CAS7 Venue: Hilton Oakland International Airport

Dear Bay Area Audiophiles and CAS Supporters, 

I am excited to announce to you that the Seventh annual California Audio Show will take place this year from July 28 through July 30 at the Hilton Oakland International Airport (1 Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA 94621). 

The CAS team has worked hard and negotiated successfully a contract with the Hilton OAK this year. I think the Hilton OAK will be a better venue for both the exhibitors and attendees. For one, this hotel has over 800 parking spaces and the special CAS7 all-day parking rate is only $8 (normally $24)! 

The ticket price is $40 for all 3-days of the show; or $20 for one day only. Get your tickets here. There will be product giveaways and seminar announcements. Most exciting of all, for the first time in CAS history, we will be hosting attendee votes on the Best Sound of the Show Award! Three Sound Room Exhibits will receive this accolade. Attending reviewers will also cast their votes alongside yours. Voting will take place from 1pm to 6pm on Saturday, July 29 at the CAS Registrar. Results will be disclosed at 1pm on Sunday.   

Reality check 

The California Audio Show is San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley's own audio show and its exhibitors and attendees count shrank for the last two years of the show's six-year history. When the exhibitors see less and less attendees every year, they lose interest. Without the exhibitors' participation, many attendees are not seeing the brands that would interest them so they stop attending the show. 

That is the risk of running a show and I have no delusion about it from the start. So, the questions is: what am I not doing right to ensure a robust attendee and exhibitor support? Send me an email and tell me: mailto:publisher@dagogo.com?subject=What the show is not doing right. 

While this may seem like a chicken-and-egg paradox, all it takes for the show to survive and grow is for you to chip in for your share of a ticket price at this very moment, for timing is very crucial. 

If all previous CAS attendees would buy his/her ticket, whether it is the $20 single-day or $40 all-days access admission then I not only will have received support towards fulfilling the show's considerable hotel contract, you will also have shown prospective exhibitors the number of committed attendees in tickets sales. This will in turn give me the push I need to show in order to amass the support of prospective exhibitors. 

My New Year Resolution this year is to bring the California Audio Show back and do my best in reinvigorating it. Will you join me and help the CAS survive? Get your tickets now.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you at the Hilton OAK come this August!   

Constantine Soo, Founder/Owner
California Audio Show
California Audio Show
The California Audio Show was founded in 2010. With the exception of 2016, the show had taken place every year and 2017 represents the seventh anniversary of the annual consumer expo. Follow the CAS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Delta77

Re: California Audio Show is on again, 2017
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2017, 05:03 am »
I had a great time. Thanks !