NC400 vs NC1200 just the "facts"

studley

Re: NC400 vs NC1200 just the "facts"
« Reply #40 on: 29 Mar 2013, 09:28 pm »
i have 3 nc400 monoblocks, and i have 2 of merrill's veritas amps (got here last saturday), i plan to sit down this weekend for a nice comparison, i am no audiophile as some people call themselves though, so i'm not sure if i can throw out any comparisons of them that wouldn't sound overly simplified.

Audiophile pretensions are not required, happy to just hear whether you think there is much difference!

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
« Reply #41 on: 30 Mar 2013, 10:43 am »
i am no audiophile as some people call themselves though, so i'm not sure if i can throw out any comparisons of them that wouldn't sound overly simplified.

One simple, honest opinion is worth more than 10 "reviews" full of fluff. The problem with subjective audiophile terminology is that the meaning of words varies depending on your background, culture and "school". Just as an example - to some "holographic" is a good thing, to others it implies plastic-y, exaggerated shiny artificiality. Your mileage veries...

Don_S

« Reply #42 on: 30 Mar 2013, 04:06 pm »
Simple is good.  Never underestimate the power of simple.  :thumb: Just tell us what the rest of your system is and which amp you liked better. If you can describe why simply that is even better.

i have 3 nc400 monoblocks, and i have 2 of merrill's veritas amps (got here last saturday), i plan to sit down this weekend for a nice comparison, i am no audiophile as some people call themselves though, so i'm not sure if i can throw out any comparisons of them that wouldn't sound overly simplified.

ufokillerz

« Reply #43 on: 31 Mar 2013, 02:41 am »
probably going to be a few hundred hours of play time before i should comment on nc400 vs nc1200, my nc400 probably have a few hundred hours of usage already

my nc1200 probably hit a hour today, unsure of how much factory burn in it had
asides from my all my power cords, interconnects and speaker cables are newish, my AV123 LS6 speakers just got some upgrade parts earlier in the week as well, and my modwright oppo has as much burn in as Dan managed to put in before shipping.

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
« Reply #44 on: 31 Mar 2013, 07:14 am »
my nc1200 probably hit a hour today, unsure of how much factory burn in it had
asides from my all my power cords, interconnects and speaker cables are newish, my AV123 LS6 speakers just got some upgrade parts earlier in the week as well, and my modwright oppo has as much burn in as Dan managed to put in before shipping.

I thought you said you aren't an audiophile... :)

Carl V

« Reply #45 on: 25 May 2013, 02:45 am »
hmmmm, it's 5-24-13
any thoughts?

simple observations are always
appreciated & relevant.