Customer Service ?

apoplectichun

Customer Service ?
« on: 22 Oct 2014, 01:36 am »
I have a 3B-ST that's clipping, both LED's turn red, at moderate volume levels and it started about a month ago. This amp was sent back to Bryston a few years ago for the same reason and repaired. Really like that 20 year warranty and I still have some years left.  It gets limited use and overall has fairly low hours of usage but that's not why I am posting here. My customer service experience the first time it occurred was lets say outstanding. This time around I'm feeling a bit ignored and disappointed. I have sent 2 emails to Bryston at their US address and this past weekend left a voice message and I have yet to get a response. Not sure what to make of it but am hoping for some feedback from others if they have had a similar experience and how they were able to resolve it. Shame because I really like the amp and my experience the first time was exemplary. Thanks in advance for your help.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Customer Service ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2014, 02:09 am »
I have a 3B-ST that's clipping, both LED's turn red, at moderate volume levels and it started about a month ago. This amp was sent back to Bryston a few years ago for the same reason and repaired. Really like that 20 year warranty and I still have some years left.  It gets limited use and overall has fairly low hours of usage but that's not why I am posting here. My customer service experience the first time it occurred was lets say outstanding. This time around I'm feeling a bit ignored and disappointed. I have sent 2 emails to Bryston at their US address and this past weekend left a voice message and I have yet to get a response. Not sure what to make of it but am hoping for some feedback from others if they have had a similar experience and how they were able to resolve it. Shame because I really like the amp and my experience the first time was exemplary. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

Will forward this on for you - sorry for the delay.

james

Mike Pickett

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2014, 01:05 pm »
Hi;

Sorry that our service centre hasn't replied; please send your serial # and contact info to my direct e-mail (my first name, at bryston dot com), and I'll see that you get an immediate reply.  We will also look up the repair history on the amp, so we can determine why it has failed again.

Thanks,

Mike Pickett

apoplectichun

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2014, 01:50 pm »
Thanks to both you gentleman for the quick replies and I never doubted for a moment  Bryston would come through. Mike I'm at work at the moment and don't have the information with me but will get that to you when I get home this evening. Thanks again.

apoplectichun

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2014, 08:32 pm »
Hi Mike,

Got a call from Dennis this afternoon. We discussed the issue with the amp over the phone and I will be sending the amp in for repair. Thank you for your help. Pete