just got a guitar to USB interface & made first garage band recording

drphoto

Wow.....this is so cool. GB is pretty damn good for a free DAW (if you bought a mac.....I think only $4 to download)

Super easy to use (though I did have to run a quick search on how to hear the tracks......have to set in Pref) Some very cool amp models.

I think I have a new obsession.

As stated elsewhere, I've started writing my own bits, and I laid down my first track within an hour of unboxing everything. I'm never gonna have a career as a songwriter.....but really fun hobby.

Oh....I got a Behringer Link UCG102 for $40 from my friends at Sweetwater w/ fast free shipping to convert analog to digital for USB in.

Can't wait to start multi tracking. Cheaper than a looper pedal!

drphoto

Holy crap this is cool. You can lay down a track and then go in an edit the EQ AND the amp model. Damn impressive. tons of fun!!

Delacroix

I know this is reactivating an old topic but any more news to report on this Doc?  After years of never mixing my computer and my guitars, I got an iRig 2 last week on a deal...this pushed me to try GBand too as I have lots of Macs. Yes, very engaging and tempting...but I don't find it all as intuitive as others seem to report.  But at least I've managed to get the guitar and Ipad playing together through an amp, which allows for lots of backing track fun. I'd be interested in exploring this whole area of home recording with others if there was interest...