Birth of a Cirrus ...

mav52

Re: Birth of a Cirrus ...
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jan 2016, 01:53 pm »
Interesting, if people are so concerned about a possible new build technique, how come they didn't email or call Vapor for a status.  People do use email and phones these days instead of a forum.   And as one person noted, Ryan and company have been inundated with flooding in their area and Ryan did spend and is maybe still spending some time out on medical issues.  Give the man a break.  gee

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jan 2016, 04:06 pm »
Come on guys give the man a break!!!   People like me been waiting for 20 Grand refund  last 1.5 year and still not complaining.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jan 2016, 04:37 pm »
I heard from Ryan a couple of months ago to finalize the build out of these new Cirrus speakers. At that time they were mostly finished and he was getting ready to wire them up and voice them. I'll post any updates as they become available.

toddc2

« Reply #23 on: 20 Mar 2016, 12:26 pm »
I just received an update from Ryan. The cabinets have been glossed and are curing. The stands have been painted. He still needs to finish the baffles, install the drivers and voice them.

It's nice to see some progress!

Todd

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 20 Mar 2016, 12:38 pm »
I just received an update from Ryan. The cabinets have been glossed and are curing. The stands have been painted. He still needs to finish the baffles, install the drivers and voice them.

It's nice to see some progress!

Todd
So what's that about 1 year from completion? 

toddc2

...and Death of a Cirrus Order
« Reply #25 on: 1 Sep 2016, 05:40 pm »
Today marks the 17 month anniversary of this order. Sadly, I have finally given up.

Ryan, please cancel this order and refund my deposit.

BBB case: 11689345 FTC case: 75996567

stlrman

« Reply #26 on: 1 Sep 2016, 06:39 pm »
You must change the name of the thread to:
Death of a Cirrus!
Sucks to have your hopes and dreams dashed!
Hope you get your money back quickly.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #27 on: 1 Sep 2016, 07:49 pm »
 :(

Chu Gai

• Restricted
Re: ...and Death of a Cirrus Order
« Reply #28 on: 2 Sep 2016, 10:46 am »
Today marks the 17 month anniversary of this order. Sadly, I have finally given up.

I take it yours would have been the first of this newer style?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #29 on: 2 Sep 2016, 12:59 pm »

Not that I'm willing to do this personally, but what if someone wanted to take over for you at this stage and pay you your deposit money rather than wait for Ryan to refund you. Is that an option or does the claim with BBB negate that at this point?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #30 on: 2 Sep 2016, 10:22 pm »
Not that I'm willing to do this personally, but what if someone wanted to take over for you at this stage and pay you your deposit money rather than wait for Ryan to refund you. Is that an option or does the claim with BBB negate that at this point?

The claim isn't going to keep anyone from doing anything Tommy, I think your idea is a good one. It's really too bad under the circumstances thou. I understand both sides of this one. Vapor already has a long wait time and I sure do feel for Ryan, what a horrible thing to have to endure and move on from.

roscoeiii

« Reply #31 on: 3 Sep 2016, 04:37 am »

Way to pile it on a man who has experienced an unimaginable loss. I'd have hoped to see more compassion on AC. Heck that sense of caring and community is why I spend more time on this forum than others.

A real shame to see you do this.

toddc2

« Reply #32 on: 3 Sep 2016, 04:58 am »
Way to pile it on a man who has experienced an unimaginable loss. I'd have hoped to see more compassion on AC. Heck that sense of caring and community is why I spend more time on this forum than others.

Yes, it is a shame. On both sides.

Todd

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #33 on: 3 Sep 2016, 05:17 am »

I understand giving up, But I don't think it was appropriate to do this on an open forum. Ryan doesn't need the additional stress of everyone seeing that an order was cancelled, sad really.

It's men like you roscoeiii that make me feel like this is home base, people do care and it shows.

Early B.

« Reply #34 on: 3 Sep 2016, 11:25 am »
I understand giving up, But I don't think it was appropriate to do this on an open forum. Ryan doesn't need the additional stress of everyone seeing that an order was cancelled, sad really.

We can all agree that the circumstances are very unfortunate. We must also keep in mind that a business must deliver on its promises, regardless of the circumstances, and if it cannot, promptly issue refunds. That's only fair. We've seen it often on AC where we have a one or two-man operation whereby health or personal challenges of the proprietor significantly impacts the business. One of the greatest challenges for small business owners is to keep the business going even when the owner is not around.  It may sound cold, but when it comes to business, you gotta set aside your personal feelings and deal solely with the facts. Hence, the phrase, "It ain't personal, it's business."

roscoeiii

« Reply #35 on: 3 Sep 2016, 11:47 am »
We can all agree that the circumstances are very unfortunate. We must also keep in mind that a business must deliver on its promises, regardless of the circumstances, and if it cannot, promptly issue refunds. That's only fair. We've seen it often on AC where we have a one or two-man operation whereby health or personal challenges of the proprietor significantly impacts the business. One of the greatest challenges for small business owners is to keep the business going even when the owner is not around.  It may sound cold, but when it comes to business, you gotta set aside your personal feelings and deal solely with the facts. Hence, the phrase, "It ain't personal, it's business."

Screw that. I am at my proudest as an AC member when I see members showing each other love and compassion as very real struggles occur. Thinking about Gary Dodd,  the community pitching in to financially help the sister of a me very, etc. 

I want to live in a world where that is more common and accepted than "It ain't personal, it's business" being applied to small manufacturers like we have here.

Let's build community here and support our members the best we can, whether manufacturers or just hobbiests.

Early B.

« Reply #36 on: 3 Sep 2016, 05:47 pm »
Screw that. I am at my proudest as an AC member when I see members showing each other love and compassion as very real struggles occur. Thinking about Gary Dodd,  the community pitching in to financially help the sister of a me very, etc. 

I want to live in a world where that is more common and accepted than "It ain't personal, it's business" being applied to small manufacturers like we have here.

Let's build community here and support our members the best we can, whether manufacturers or just hobbiests.

I agree. What we're both saying are not mutually exclusive.     

toddc2

« Reply #37 on: 13 Apr 2017, 11:19 am »
Well, after a little over two years in the making, this pair of Cirrus 2.0 are finally nearing completion. This set features the larger RAAL 140-15D tweeter, a new Audio Technology LR woofer, and a cool new stand design. The finish is camphor crotch with a gloss finish, absolutely stunning work by Ryan and reportably some of the best finish work he has done to date. Internals are supposed to have Dueland RS caps, silver/gold wiring throughout, and other unspecified "freebies" that Ryan included for being the first pair. The details of the internals will have to be verified with Ryan.

Ryan (in accordance with his well documented cancellation policy) has been holding my deposit until he finds another buyer. So, it's time to find these speakers another home! These speakers are brand new and will ship from Vapor.  PM me for details.

pdj

« Reply #38 on: 13 Apr 2017, 03:22 pm »
These are flat out beautiful.  As an ultimately satisfied Joule owner, I appreciate the history here.   Given how great my Joules sound and look, I hope someone moves on these so all involved can move on.  Let's be positive.

Gopher

« Reply #39 on: 13 Apr 2017, 04:22 pm »
I love your Cirrus veneer!!! 

When I first saw them sitting next to my Stiffies, I think I'd have loved your finish just as much as what I chose.

Some new owner is going to be extremely pleased!