What Happened To The Paramount Series?

beowulf

What Happened To The Paramount Series?
« on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm »
I haven't heard anything else regarding this line for some time now and was just wondering if they morphed into the other speakers that Omega is building such as the 7XRS and Outlaws series?  :scratch:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: What Happened To The Paramount Series?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2014, 05:00 pm »
Hi beowulf,

The Paramount series is not dead, just delayed due to Louis concentrating on building for the store and developing OutLaw speakers...along with standard orders.

beowulf

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2014, 01:30 am »
Hi beowulf,

The Paramount series is not dead, just delayed due to Louis concentrating on building for the store and developing OutLaw speakers...along with standard orders.

OK, sounds good and thanks for the update Canada Rob!!!

Joe Frances

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2014, 09:23 pm »
Bob:

I hate to be a nudge, but any timeframe for the store and the Paramounts?

Joe

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2014, 04:47 pm »
Bob:

I hate to be a nudge, but any timeframe for the store and the Paramounts?

Joe
Hello Joe,

Welcome to the Omega AudioCircle.  Sorry no exact timeframe for the Paramount series.  The closest product to hopefully be a Paramount is the Speed Twelve sub shown in prototype form here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122818.0  happyrabbit is the happy rabbit that now owns it.
The black one (essentially the same sub) in the pictures will not go into production as it would crowd the Speed Twelve pricewise.  Louis introduced the deepOmega 12 instead.

Joe Frances

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2014, 11:53 pm »
Thanks for the welcome.  I have been looking around a lot, and i have spoke with LC several times desperate for an audition of some of the speakers but no luck as yet.  I am going to the Audio Show in NYC/Brooklyn this coming weekend, and want to upgrade my whole system within the next 6-12 months.  I really wanted to get to know these speakers better IN PERSON but that seems almost impossible.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2014, 12:21 am »
Thanks for the welcome.  I have been looking around a lot, and i have spoke with LC several times desperate for an audition of some of the speakers but no luck as yet.  I am going to the Audio Show in NYC/Brooklyn this coming weekend, and want to upgrade my whole system within the next 6-12 months.  I really wanted to get to know these speakers better IN PERSON but that seems almost impossible.

You're welcome to hear my system if you want to come to RMAF instead of NY....  :green:

Good Times

« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2014, 09:12 am »
Joe, the NYC show is in very close proximity to LC, surely you can swing by!?

ClefChef

« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm »

The best way it seems is to buy and try - only then you'd be able to hear Omegas in your own setup. Secondary market is your best bet. You can always sell them as they have good resale value. Some manufacturers even offer "audition" deals to accommodate potential buyers in their choosing the right speaker.

Joe Frances

« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:23 pm »
Joe, the NYC show is in very close proximity to LC, surely you can swing by!?

LC, you mean Louis?  Yes, I have called him several times, and he wasn't prepared for a "visitor".  In fact I only live two towns away, and would be there in a heartbeat if possible.