MW Sony 5400 footers ?

Wig

MW Sony 5400 footers ?
« on: 22 Mar 2014, 04:08 pm »
Guys,

Just curious on the types of footer you're using under your MW Sony 5400 tube CD player? Mine are sitting on maple hardwood and DH ceramic cones and someone mentioned roller-blocks and I'm wondering if I can make improvements without a major investment...

Thanks,
Wig

roadkingraw

Re: MW Sony 5400 footers ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2014, 08:45 pm »
Wig,
funny that you would mention both of these footers.  I originally had DH cones with squares under my 5400 then moved to the FIM Iso bearings https://www.gcaudio.com/cgi-bin/store/showProduct.cgi?id=325 to try these.  Figured the movement of the player would be intuitive to the iso bearings movement.  I then tried Herbies footers and these did the trick.  Nothing fancy.  They just did what they were supposed to do.  No vibration in the chassis and since Dan deadens the transport already there was not an issue with that either.  Dan had mentioned the iso bearings to me as well as the Herbies footers.  Just like the sound (or lack of) from the Herbies.  Plus I sold the Iso bearings and took the money for footers under all of my equipment.
Randy

Wig

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2014, 09:28 pm »
roadkingraw,

I actually used the Herbies Tenderfoot for a few years before trying the DH cones and theirs no comparison, DH was much better with more slam in the bass. I still have a box of them...

:D

ulysses

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2014, 09:30 pm »
Randy,

Which Herbie's footers are you using under your Sony SACD player, the Tenderfoot or the Iso-Cups? I'm using the Iso-Cups under my stock Sony. I also have the Tenderfoot footers but I've never tried them under the Sony.

Phil

roadkingraw

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2014, 03:50 am »
Just using the tenderfoots under the Sony.  Had to use the tall because of the original footers.  I just wasn't feeling what you are hearing Wig with regard to the DH cones.  I guess each system is different.
Randy

Wig

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2014, 06:16 pm »
Guys,

I'm going to try the Symposium RollerBlock Jr. HDSE under my Tube integrated amp and Tube CD player. If those work out, I'll try one of their platforms under my player.

Thanks,
Wig

Wig

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2014, 09:05 pm »
Guys,

I've had the RollerBlock Jr. HDSE in my system for a few days and I can't believe what I'm hearing; detail w/o harshness, better separation, better mid-bass, longer decay, immediate/quicker flow of sound, wider/deeper soundstage and man, imaging is MUCH better and just floats between your speakers and is sharper...

They definitely work and are keepers!

Wig :thumb: