Hello from Kirkwood Missouri!

EvanF

• audio repair guy
Hello from Kirkwood Missouri!
« on: 21 Mar 2018, 07:24 am »
My name is Evan. I repair audio equipment as a part time job and have been in love with audiophile-grade stereo equipment for 3 years now. Been looking for a good set of floor-standing speakers. My Kef 104/2 woofer (B200 SP1188) coil have up and grew, not fitting the airgap. Gonna send it in to Lloyd Faulkner, but in the meantime I think I may need an upgrade.

Anyways, I'd love to talk more about audio in the future. I work on all sorts of stuff, from McIntosh to Sansui (MC2505 and AU9500, my favorites). Always on the lookout for electrical components and test equipment too.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Kirkwood Missouri!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2018, 07:39 am »
Welcome aboard Evan :thumb:
We have extra points to posting photos.
Any tube amp?

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2018, 12:03 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Evan.

Blackmore

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2018, 12:10 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle from west of Wentzville.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2018, 01:01 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Evan    :thumb:  You'll find lots of fine folks in your neck of the woods around here. Check out the GAS circle.  8)

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2018, 01:38 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Mr Peabody

« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2018, 01:56 am »
Hello, from S. County.

I had an AU9500 I got for $20.00 from a thrift, I was just floored when I hooked it up and heard how good it sounded.  I later sold it cheap to a friend who is into music but didn't have much money.  The knobs were like from test gear, they just don't build like that any more.

Home Theatre Designs in Lake St. Louis carries KEF now in our area.  Also, Revel Concerto is reasonable, he also has some higher end like KEF Ref 5's and Salon 2.

I can steer you to good pricing on Golden Ear as well, just PM if interested.

You may want to check out Gateway Audio Society (GAS) if you haven't yet.